No more SF U2's

DownUnderLite

Newly Enlightened
Seems like Surefire have a supply problem with the U2.
I've had one on order for about a month and my local distributor said that Surefire are having a supply problem and don't know when distributors will be restocked. Problem is, I'm in Australia, with poor no. of distributors. Surefire insist that retailers sell only within there own network of countries. Or lose distribution rights?
How am I suppose to purchase one? :huh2:

Seems like I'll have to get the Gladius instead!!:rant:

cy

Flashaholic
loads of folks will sell you a Surefire U2. only don't buy a new one. purchase a mint/like new condition from a cpf'er.

it's going so far, that you want to make sure nice tint, output, switch with no issues.

much better to purchase a known condition light. put out a WTB and you will get responses....

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
My U2 is probably the last light I would sell. Out of ALL my Led lights, my U2 is the brightest and whitest. I own two X-bins and my U2 blows em away with the best XO tint you have ever seen. Good luck and I highly reccomend the U2. If you score one stuff a 18650 in it fir guilt free lumens.

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to Surefire's sales policy you will probably have to either buy one from a CPFer as Cy suggested or try eBay. I'm not sure any of the U.S.-based online retailers would be willing to export this item, but eBayers are notorious for bending SF's rules.

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
there are plenty who will buy for you and send it to you, if you ask nicely and cover shiping:sssh:

Last edited:

DownUnderLite

Newly Enlightened
I've got an order pending from a local distributor, I'd like to establish a good repertoire with local dealers.(Support the locals) I'm going to wait:popcorn: :whistle:

As I only want a U2, shipping can be quite "hairy" for items from the USA.For it to be worthwhile, I usually order a large shipment or value.
I still think that Surefire are the best, but they obviously can't handle demand.
I just hope they look after their international distributors first!!

the fuzz

Enlightened
Its pretty hard to get any descent lights in australia

funny thing is local internet distributers of surelights in aust are soo expensive(rip offs )

Eg u2+shipping cost 490 Australian dollars (360 USA $) (bought from australia web sites)

BUT If you go through an international website (reputable that sell flash lights of this nature including shipping + U2 it will cost all up $400 aust (296 usa $). saving of alot of money.

Were screwed down under.
God forbid the light needs to be returned due to be defectivenss, and according to the problems members have had with U2s it put me off buying one.

Ill prob wait for the 85 edcs

Sgtbjs

Newly Enlightened
G'day Downunderlite.
King of Knives at Knox will sell you a Surefire for only $250 AU. Only problem is that it is a 6P.
As you'd already know that's the kind of prices that we get here in Australia. I'd backup 270 Winchesters suggestion of Lighthound. i've purchased several items from them and they are very quick and very good. I haven't purchased any Surefire items from them though, so i don't know if they can ship them overseas or not.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am getting my U2 straight from Surefire.... well, actually, Surefire will ship it to my local store, and i'll buy it from there.

-David

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
Hi Downunderlite,

Try going to PlatAtac, which is on Little Burke, between Elizabeth and Queen. They usually carry a good range of Surefires, and I think the U2 goes for about AU$340 or thereabouts. I'm not too sure of the exact figure, but it's about the same as buying and shipping it in from overseas. Plus you get the benefit of being able to test it out in the shop first.

I haven't been back there in awhile, so I'm not sure if they currently have it in stock, but it might be worth a shot.

:)

the fuzz

Enlightened
Cobra if u get it o.s (through internet site) its about 200$ cheaper in australian $ ,including package

So its significantly cheaper by a poop load of money

just think $1 USA= 75cent australian

IMTRBO

Newly Enlightened
the fuzz said:
Price:

$524.00 (inc. GST)
At platattack http://www.platatac.com/www/182/1001127/displayproduct/1001412__.html

Where did you exactly see it for 340$??

Now thats way to expensive pfft

Oh that's wierd, because I actually bought mine there, and I'm pretty sure I only paid about AU$340. The reason I bought it there was because I remember the price being very good, with the benefit of being able to test out the light first. I'll try to find my receipt when I get back to Melbourne in a few days (I'm currently in Singapore). When I first asked them how much it would cost, I remember thinking to myself "wow, it's not marked up like other Surefires."

Give me a few days and I'll get back to you guys.

:)