Vacation Pictures

nethiker

Enlightened
Nice pics. Looks like you are having a great vacation. Yellowstone is practically my backyard BTW. I'm just North of the Park. Salmonflies just went up the Yellowstone and should be in the Park now. Great fishing if you're into that. Be careful about staying around here too long, some of us never leave. :)

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice!
I've long wanted to go to these locations.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Wow! Very nice pictures there magic79!

I've always wanted to check out Yellowstone and especially The Grand Tetons. :huh:

Enjoy!

Cypher

Enlightened
My heart skipped a beat seeing your pictures. I grew up on the Idaho side of the Tetons and can't wait to get back once I'm done with school. Anywhere within about 80-100 miles of Yellowstone in any direction is heaven for me.

If you get the chance take Flagg Ranch road from Jackson into Idaho and explore the area around Mesa Falls, Cave Falls and Bechler Meadows. Some of the lesser known jewels in the Greater Yellowstone area's crown, IMHO.

taiji

Enlightened
you have great eyes for framing your shots. Those are very nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

now....Beamshots pls!!

magic79

Enlightened
Thanks for the tips!

But, now I'll have to come back to see the areas you guys mentioned! We've already moved on to Glacier National Park, arriving this evening and we'll head into the park tomorrow morning. So, I'll catalog the suggestions for Teton and Yellowstone. I'd really like to come back in the winter and my wife and I are thinking about coming out to Glacier on the train in January. The train leaves from our home in Vancouver, WA in the evening and arrives in Glacier the next morning at 9am. We can spend a 3-day weekend in the snow.

Cornkid: Just about all these were taken with a Canon 20D. I really love that camera!

The elk and eagle pictures were taken using the Canon 100-400 L Series lens that I bought just before the trip. Most of the bison pictures were with a Tamron 28-75 XR DI, and most of the landscapes with the Canon 16-35 L Series.

For almost all but the eagle pictures, I had a circular polarizer on to enhance colors and eliminate unwanted reflections.

I'll add some more of Glacier.

The flashlights have been moderately...it's 10:02 here in Glacier and not quite dark yet!

For those of you hams, I worked Field Day mobile on the way out, and that was fun.

Mark

magic79

Enlightened
BTW: If it came down to an expensive lens or an expensive tripod, I'd take the tripod every time. A steady moderat lens can produce sharp pictures. An unsteady expensive lens produces blurry photos.