Strobe Only Light ?

Spin

Enlightened
Is there a small "strobe only" light that takes either one AA, AAA or 123 battery?

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glo-Toob is coming out with a CR123 version sometime...supposedly by August?

ACR makes nice strobes, but all the ones I just looked at take two "AA"'s...

JM-99

Planterz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm assuming this is for "tactical" use?

Yeah, Goldserve could whip you up a board that has only a strobe. The only problem is that we're talking about a modded light, not really something you can simply buy. You could, for example, buy a Jil TWOJ, a CAB extension, kroll switch, and a seperate U-bin LED (brighter), have him program a strobe FLuPIC board (it'd drop right in to the Jil), and power it with a 14500 (AA size) 3.7V lithium ion. Since it's a strobe, and not on all the time, it could probably handle 1200mA without frying. The kroll works momentarily with a light press, or clicks on for full-on use.

There's lots of options like this, for example a lot of people mod a Nuwai Q3 with a FLuPIC.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Get a Gladius Night Ops.
2. Rotate selector dial to strobe setting
3. Superglue the dial so it doesn't ever move again.

!!strobe-only light!! :crackup:

Jeff

Spin

Enlightened
Jeff...................Typical "AMERICAN" AH Response!!!

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a few lights that strobe but if it's for tactical purposes, you might be surprised to realize that my suggestion (minus the superglue :) ) is about your only option.

If it's not for tactical purposes, you might want to elaborate on it's purpose. It would help others help you make the right decision.

Whats AH? As for 'typical', I'm about the most untypical (atypical) person you can ever meet. Good luck with your search.

Jeff

Last edited:

RadarGreg

Enlightened
Jeff, I fear he is referring to a "mule" "pit". Not a very nice thing to say, especially since you were obviously joking around.

Spin, if you want a tactical strobe, you might try just buying a stun gun with the strobe feature. Many of them have a built in strobe light to disorient your would-be assailant/victim. If owning a stun gun isn't legal where you are from, I'm guessing not the USA, then maybe you can disable the stun feature and carry it around as just a strobe light.

You might want to better clarify your needs for a strobe only. Is this a strobe for emergency use? Something like the ACR survival lights, or is this a Gladius type tactical strobe you want?

I'm not sure what you meant about a typical "American" response. Most of the members here are Americans. The fact some of the members responded at all to your vague question is a tribute to their willingness to assist.

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
RadarGreg,

Usually (typically) the 'typical American' statement is made by foreigners who live here and are leading the typical American life. Many, not all, of these foreigners (American immigrants) talk tale of how great their country is and it's countrymen but forgot they hightailed it out of whatever country they came from to come here. Its a good guess to say that Spin is living in the US,...hence the 'typical American' response.

Yeah, his countrymen would NEVER respond in a little jestful manner such as I did. They are all above that mentality. Serious and hardcore! Real men! Rock-on!

Spin,

Life is too short. Anger and hate make it a lot shorter and no fun. If you're going to hate someone, have a better reason than me being American with a light humored side.

By the way, I don't hate you. I'd need a much bigger reason than you calling me an 'AH' American to spark that emotion. I still hope you find the light you are looking for. The Gladius Night Ops is a wonderful light I carry everyday.

Gladius Night Ops demonstration

Jeff
(Japanese/German born in Taiwan. How's that for confusion) :)

Last edited: