• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired 120+ lumen mini mag- Anyone offering this mod?

dduane

Newly Enlightened
Kevin L offered/sold this light in the sell section. Anyone tempted to offer more? There's lots of interest...

NIGHTGUY

Newly Enlightened
KevinL stated that he does not want to make any more. The only person who I can think of and who can do a good job is Fivemega. If someone can PM him and see if he wants to take on the project, I will be in for at least one.

carrot

Flashaholic
I was under the impression that the 120-lumen Minimag was a mod devised and developed by Auroralite and AW. Perhaps if there is enough interest Auroralite would make a third run of the ceramic bulb holders required to make this light. I'm certainly interested in one.

greenLED

Flashaholic
carrot said:
I was under the impression that the 120-lumen Minimag was a mod devised and developed by Auroralite and AW. Perhaps if there is enough interest Auroralite would make a third run of the ceramic bulb holders required to make this light. I'm certainly interested in one.
Yup, Aurora did 2-3 runs of this, but can't do it anymore. He's trying to pass on the torch to a "reputable CPF dealer" (his words) so we may see this offered again. I don't know who this dealer might be, so don't ask me.

Nomad

Enlightened
It is a great little mod although it has it's drawbacks. The TL-3 bulb won't stay in the ceramic holder very securely for example. Also the ceramic holder really does need an o-ring or some kind of clip to hold it in. :) Other than that it's a really cool mod. The insecure bulb is the biggest drawback for me.

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... anyone up to the challenge? I might be up for this challenge... of course... i'd have to be able to see the actual inner workings of the light first to make sure that i'll be able to tackle it. Who do i contact?

thanks

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Auroralite would be the one to contact.

The ceramic holder is no big deal apart from proper spacing of the holes for the pin holders.

As far as that goes, the Carley 1499 version is MUCH brighter than the SL version and doesn't have the drawback of not having the pins securely held.

I didn't have problems with my SL version once I popped out the little pin holders and tightened them up. You have to do it carefully, since mine were glued in, but it is fairly straightforward.

If Auroralite could still get the pieces, maybe Modamag or someone can set up the merchandising with the Shoppe or one of the other specialty dealers.

Bill

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
PM sent yesterday. but didn't receive a reply yet. So i guess we'll just wait and see. If he's ok passing the torch onto me i'll do my best. I'm quite excited already. But i'll just to wait for his PM to see what he thinks.

thanks everyone

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
He read the PM, but hasn't replied yet. Maybe he's a little busy? Or maybe he isn't interested. I'm not sure, i guess i'll just wait a couple more days and then send him a reminder PM.

thanks

NAW

Enlightened
Man I wish I got one of these mods when they were still available.

If someone does another run I'm in!:rock:

NAW

Enlightened
Alin10123 said:
lol, if i ever get a reply. I'll let you guys know.

Thank you for getting the ball rolling. My mini mags bulb holder or socket( or whatever the proper name is) broke on me. So it would be nice if I can rip it out and replace it with this insane mod.:grin2:

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
NAW said:
Thank you for getting the ball rolling. My mini mags bulb holder or socket( or whatever the proper name is) broke on me. So it would be nice if I can rip it out and replace it with this insane mod.:grin2:

Ok guys, update.
Auroralite replied to my PM. He said that he has already passed the torch onto another person. So... although it would have been a great opportunity, he says that we should see an offering soon.

thanks

NAW

Enlightened
Went to Lighthound.com today and noticed John was offering this kit.