Dropped my Fenix L1P, now not working

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was looking in a closet & dropped my L1P just now. It was on when it fell from my hand. It fell about 4' onto a hard wood floor. When it hit the floor it went dead. I tried clicking it on/off several times, shaking it, unscrewing the tailcap & putting in a new battery, & even unscrewing the head & putting it back on. Nothing worked. Any ideas?

TIA,

John

john2551 said:
I was looking in a closet & dropped my L1P just now. It was on when it fell from my hand. It fell about 4' onto a hard wood floor. When it hit the floor it went dead. I tried clicking it on/off several times, shaking it, unscrewing the tailcap & putting in a new battery, & even unscrewing the head & putting it back on. Nothing worked. Any ideas?

TIA,

John

Take the tailcap off and short across the battery terminal and body. If that activates it, it's the switch.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Handlobraesing said:
Take the tailcap off and short across the battery terminal and body. If that activates it, it's the switch.

How do i "short across" the battery? I'm not sure. Also if it is the switch, how do you install the spare one that comes with the light.

Thanx,

John

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, i just looked at the "goodie bag" that came with the light & it doesn't come with an extra switch, only a rubber switch COVER, spare O-ring, & a lanyard. :thumbsdow

leeleefocus

Newly Enlightened
To short the battery to the body remove the tailcap and with the battery in the light use a metal object to connect to the negative of the battery and to the nice shiny piece of bare aluminium on the body. If the light comes on then you have a problem with the tailcap probably the switch.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
leeleefocus said:
To short the battery to the body remove the tailcap and with the battery in the light use a metal object to connect to the negative of the battery and to the nice shiny piece of bare aluminium on the body. If the light comes on then you have a problem with the tailcap probably the switch.

That's what i figured he meant & i tried that already with a wire. No luck. Maybe some problem in the head.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
if it's a problem with the head, then you will probably have to seek warranty recourse from the dealer. it certainly isn't normal for it to go out from a 4ft drop.. there was a L1P that survived a drop from something like 40 ft down an elevator shaft.

by the way, there certainly isn't any slight on fenix for giving you those accessories/replacement parts. most other brands won't give you anything, and i highly doubt any flashlight will come pre-packaged with a spare switch.

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somy,

Yes, i remember the elevator incident! That's why i was surprised this happened.

John

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
john2551 said:
Somy,

Yes, i remember the elevator incident! That's why i was surprised this happened.

John

John, check with your dealer. If that doesn't work out, check with me :)