• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS Rare McGizmo L1-PRT 917 (SOLD)

Luxbright

Enlightened
Hate to do this, but due to pressing needs I have an original McGizmo L1-PRT with a DownBoy 917 Lux III TXOJ with two stage switch which is very bright and white on high. This light is a shelve-queen and is as mint as the day I bought it.

Oh, forget to add that it also has an original delrin on the tailcap to make it stand on candle mode.

I belief there are only about thirty odd piece made.

Here is your chance to own one of McGizmo beauty for $350.00 shipped by registered mail to anywhere in the world.

Price drop to $330. now with insurance and tracking number

[size=+2]SOLD![/size]

L1-PRT-1.jpg

L1-PRT2-1.jpg

First to post "I'll take it" without condition will have priority.

Kindly send PayPal to [email protected] which is CPFer Wong's account and who is managing it for me and kindly email me your name and address at (tayterry(@)gmail.com)so as to facilitate shipping ASAP.

Thank you.
Terry

Last edited:

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS Rare McGizmo L1-PRT 917

I can't believe that this is still here. You don't see these for sale often. This is a McGizmo classic & the brightest light of all during its heyday! :rock:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

I`d buy this in a heartbeat if I didn`t already have four of them. This is one of Don`s nicest mods.

To make these rare gems, Don took a stock Surefire L1 (which has a 1X123 battery holder) and machined it to take two 123 batteries. He then attached a really bright 3W LED, as well as installing a two-stage switch.

Great throw....and, with its two stages of brightness, a very versatile light. I`ve used mine for deer hunting these last several years.

You can learn more about this McGizmo mod at kj`s Flashlight Gallery: http://www.obaq.tv/cpf/?page=SureFire_L1_mod

Don only made a few of these mods, for they were pretty labor intensive. It`s now a classic and truly great light... probably to never be repeated.

Luxbright

Enlightened

Carpe Diem, thank you for the free bump. It saddens me to have to let this light go. Meant to be keeping it as a collectors item. :sigh:

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

flashlight said:
I can't believe that this is still here. You don't see these for sale often. This is a McGizmo classic & the brightest light of all during its heyday! :rock:

In it`s heyday? I have one and it is one of my brightest lights now. :rock:

Great light your selling Luxbright.:wow: Someone should be :) to get it.

Knight Lights

Enlightened

The Classics aren't getting the respect they deserve right now.

Even if you wanted a Ubin on this, it would be possible to swap emitters.

A great light!!

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

I'll be trying to thin out my heard in the near future [Keep an eye out], but the L1-PRT917 will be one of my keepers. Incredible well centered hot spot and extremely smooth two stage action.

I will have a [relatively speaking] early model of the Mclux PD3 U-Bin up for sale soon, but I'll be keeping my L1-917. A great light [as all of Don's creations are].

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast

This is a great light, especially with the delrin ring around the switch.

Luxbright

Enlightened

:bumpit: $330.00 shipped registered and insured with tracking number. You can feel safe now if you're worried should it get lost in shipment.

Thanks.
Terry

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast

WoW!

I am also surprised that this is still here! the clasics sure aren't getting the respect they deserve, I have one and I'll never let it go, it's too useful and awe inspiring with the amount of work that went into making it.

doug

Luxbright

Enlightened

Thanks doug and everyone else for the the great feed-back but unfortunately the respond isn't encouraging.

If not for my pressing needs, I wouldn't even dream of selling it.

Will always remain one of Don's great work!

Leef

Enlightened

You guys are ganging up on me. Oh well, I surrender -- :sold:. PP to follow.

Luxbright

Enlightened

Thank you Leef, glad the light have found a new home. As it Sunday tomorrow, I'll ship it first thing Monday and email you the tracking number.

Cheers
Terry

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Great grab Leef. :thumbsup: You won't regret it. Now all you have to do is find one in black HA. :naughty:

Raindrop

Enlightened

flashlight said:
Great grab Leef. :thumbsup: You won't regret it. Now all you have to do is find one in black HA. :naughty:

If memory serves there are less than half a dozen in Black HA. I have one and I think Carpe Diem has one, and not sure where the rest ended up.