Are you a sorter?

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
When you are putting away the silverware after it's done drying, do you line up each fork and knife in its own slot, or just grab the whole bunch and toss them in the drawer on top of the rest of the silverware?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
greenlight said:
When you are putting away the silverware after it's done drying, do you line up each fork and knife in its own slot, or just grab the whole bunch and toss them in the drawer on top of the rest of the silverware?

Used to just use plastic silverware in the box it came in in the drawer. Now I'm engaged and I am a sorter of fine metal silverware.... :awman:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use the 'pick-up-stick' method despite all the lessons I have learned from tetris. If I ever get a GF or housemates, I'll probably have to be more responsible about lining them up.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a sorter, in my extened family the kids aren't done with dinner until they wash, dry and put away all the dishes after a meal. Sorting(or not) is the last thing we worry about, it's part of the package.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorter. The Chicago Cutlery also goes into certain slots in the two knife blocks. Putting things back where they belong is efficient and prevents frustration.

Lightmeup

Enlightened
jayflash said:
Putting things back where they belong is efficient and prevents frustration.
Yeah, if I don't put my car keys in the same place it will usually take me 15 minutes to find them.:grin2:

CLHC

Flashaholic
You mean like sorting your money bills in numerical order according to date and serial number and "crispness" of bill in your wallet? :thinking: :huh:

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC,

You are an imposter, sir!:nana::nana:

No CPF'er could possibly HAVE bills to sort in their wallet!!

When it comes to silverware, yep, I'm a sorter. Same family deal as 270Winchester above.

Bill

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have bills in my wallet :p

but only becuase i am saving for the pila gl3 .

yea i line them up according to amount and then the serial numbers on them.
i have too much free time :p

CLHC

Flashaholic
bwaites said:
CHC,

You are an imposter, sir!:nana::nana:

No CPF'er could possibly HAVE bills to sort in their wallet!!

Bill
:lolsign: :naughty: :crazy: :wave:

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I occasionally pick up my cutlery (I never heard of "silverware" until now...) from my plate rack, I do sort them as my cutlery drawer have got separate compartments for spoons, forks and so on. It's more practical and only takes a couple of seconds extra.
The usual procedure is however to take whatever I need straight from the plate rack... Hey, I'm a student - why bother?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
Generally speaking, in the United States at least, cutlery is reserved for the cutting utensils; knives, carving forks, cleavers, etc. Cutlery is still correct, just not used generally for tableware.

Tableware such as forks, spoons, butter knives, etc. are commonly referred to as "silverware" even when made from plastic, much like Titanium golf clubs like the Driver are still call "woods"!

English, especially the American/Canadian versions, makes little, if any, sense!

Bill

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
bwaites said:
Cutlery is still correct,

Who sez it's correct :). Cutlery means cutting instruments. Everyone should know that. :)

Most silverware around these parts is made of stainless steel, and for good reason. We still call it silverware though, cuz there's no good name for it, or we wouldn't have called it silverware in the first place.

I used to sort the stuff. They don't let me have knives and forks any more so I just have to sort the big spoons from the small spoons. :)