Need some quick suggestions on a SureFire or NightOps light.

cletusberontwood

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a tight beam built for maximum throw. I only have a few days before this school starts, so I'm "stuck" with choosing from what is offered around here - which is SureFire and NightOps. Multiple stage is a plus, but not if it limits me to a flood light. I don't need a rechargeable because I'm going to be in the field for two weeks straight.

Could you please help me choose a light?

Thanks!

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Welcome to CPF!

You might want to tell us how much you got to spend.

From what you are telling us the Gladius Night ops and the Surefire U2 would nicely fit the bill, but they aren't cheap, and the U2 has a floodier beam than you might like.

What are you going to use the light for? LED lights aren't known for their ability to throw, so you might want to consider an incan light too. But on the other hand, A light that just throws and has no sidespill at all, will be useless for most applications. Surefire U2 has a good balance between flood and throw.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Cletus...:)

Welcome at CPF:grin2:

Like May said, please give us more informations. How long you want to use the light every day at your 2week trip? You are willing to pay the more expensives 123 primaries? Good thrower SF U2? What distance are you looking for? Here are a few helpful links:

Flashlight Reviews and LED Modifications

WWW.LEDMUSEUM.ORG * THE LED MUSEUM - Reviews of LEDs & LED Flashlights - Gallium Indium Nitride UV, violet, purple, blue, aqua, turquoise, green, white. Also Gallium Arsenide and others. New LED MUSEUM! GaN, InGaN, SiC, GaAs, GaP, GaAlP, ZnSe, LED flashlight, LED flashlights. Formerly For The Love of LEDs

Zaklamp test

Best regards

_____
Tom