Lux-mod donor suggestion?

lightuser

Newly Enlightened
I need a suggestion what flashlight will make this 3 ls array a nice home. It's 1 13/16" across by 3/4" down. It needs six 1.5 volt batteries more or less but I am not worried about batteries right now. I tried it in my Double Barrel 4AA and it almost goes in there. It's brighter than heck and quite a good candidate for becoming a bike light if nothing else. See other pics below too.
fd3135c9.jpg
fd3135cc.jpg

lightuser

Newly Enlightened
Thanx lux, I think sony imagestation doesn't look favorably on pic posting I guess because it could be misused to get free advertising, though we are not doing that. I think they are deleting the pics somehow and making them disappear. Maybe they are scanning the internet for the code associated with their images and deleting them when they find it. We'll see how long these pics stay put.
fd2ef565.jpg
fd2ef564.jpg

B@rt

Flashaholic
Originally posted by lightuser:
I think sony imagestation doesn't look favorably on pic posting I guess because it could be misused to get free advertising, though we are not doing that. I think they are deleting the pics somehow and making them disappear. Maybe they are scanning the internet for the code associated with their images and deleting them when they find it. We'll see how long these pics stay put.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">They don't allow linking to the original, but linking to the preview,(just the right size...
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif
) is working great...
icon14.gif

YMMV

edit
I just noticed you have an old balloon, do you by any chance wish to trade it for an used pencil?...
TIA,

lightuser

Newly Enlightened
Yes, why not. I am spontaneous, and although I am very proud of my collection (and who wudn't be), I do change my collection from time to time as new things develop. That's just me.

lightuser

Newly Enlightened
4.5 volts will push two ls's well but not three with much brightness. Three makes it hard to find a good conversion flashlight, nobody sells a six battery flashlight. I'm thinking about probably resistoring down an 8AA-cell flashlight (or use dummies). Got to find it first. Wallyland here I come...

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by lightuser:
I need a suggestion what flashlight will make this 3 ls array a nice home.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have a similar project that I need to complete. Mine is going into a Mag 3D running direct drive. To make it fit, the heatsink needs to be mounted into the flashlight head, not the body.