Peak Matterhorn

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
I need a new pocket light. Right now I EDC a CMG Infiniti Ultra, but I want something smaller and lighter. The early frontrunner in my search for a replacement is the Peak Matterhorn. I've been doing Google searches, but this light doesn't seem to be available at very many places. Where do you guys recommend buying this light?

Also do you guys have any good AAAs to recommend besides the Matterhorn?

Thanks for the help.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and Welcome to CPF!

Have you tried checking out the Fenix series around here? Check it out and Enjoy!

PhantomZ

Enlightened
you can buy the Peak lights here,

http://www.peakledsolutions.net/

and here,

http://www.pocketlights.com/flashlights.asp

and reviews can be read here,

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=19

and here,

http://www.ledmuseum.org/

i have both high and ultra-power matterhorn. though i've never EDC'd the light before and only played with the high-power matterhorn around the house i have to say its a great little light. the new version head will have more flood then the old style head. it's safe to use regular, rechargable or lithium AAA battery. this light will put out more light then the current ARC 1AAA with single LED.
as for recommending other AAA light(s). i'll leave that to someone else to say that own more then i do, but i was looking to buy the Peak Pacific for my uncle. the 1AA body will give you longer runtimes but of course a fatter body. it's also brighter.
something smaller but alittle fatter then the 1AAA light, i've heard good things about 1 cr2 or 1 cr123 battery lights. the cr2, cr2 ion, orb raw, orb raw ns, fenix p1, fire fly and jil are just a few that i can name right now. of course there are more lights i'm missing but you can try doing some searches for more info then i can give you. there are LOTS to read. i stayed up all night when i first found CPF trying to skim through about 2 years of postings!

BTW, welcome to CPF! and as many will say, hold on to your wallet!

Last edited:

drmaxx

Enlightened
kamagong said:
The early frontrunner in my search for a replacement is the Peak Matterhorn. I've been doing Google searches, but this light doesn't seem to be available at very many places. Where do you guys recommend buying this light?
I have the 3 LED Matterhorn (both Versions) and EDC them both (one of them on the keychain). I got them directly from Peak (see the link in PhantomZ's post). Good communication & hasslefree buying process.
I personally prefer the Hi-Power Version. I think that for an EDC it is the better combination of useful light and run-time. However, there is no wow-from-your-peers-factor connected with this specific light. Most feedback I got was along the lines of: "Very glad that you thought of a flashlight...".

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
So there is a head size difference between my 1 yr old single ultra hi po LED lug AAA
mattie and the newest version? None the less i think it's a great light, the best fit, finish, and machining of the popular keychain AAA light's. I use both the peak and ARC 's and like certain thing's about each. VDG

vortechs

Enlightened
kamagong said:
I need a new pocket light. Right now I EDC a CMG Infiniti Ultra, but I want something smaller and lighter. The early frontrunner in my search for a replacement is the Peak Matterhorn. I've been doing Google searches, but this light doesn't seem to be available at very many places. Where do you guys recommend buying this light?

The Peak flashlights like the Matterhorn are available directly from Peak LED Solutions: http://www.peakledsolutions.net/

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
For over a year, my small EDC has been a Peak Matterhorn Ultra 3 LED. It is in my coin pocket at all times and although I have tried other small lights, in the end nothing has bumped the Peak from my pocket.

I bought mine from Peak. I carry the pocket body because it is the most compact. Another great feature of Peak is the ability to buy other body styles like keychain or lug for $5 extra. Great flexibility at a cheap price.

A very good light to own, whether EDC'd or not.

Welcome To CPF!
Mark

dtsoll

Enlightened
I have a Peak Pacific and it is one of my favorites!! The optional battery tubes make it a very versatile light indeed. With the standard 1xAAA tube it is very small (not as small as an Arc AAA) and suprisingly bright. The other tubes that I have anyway are the 2XAAA and 1XAA tube. Very good regulation with this light which is why I wanted it!! Having said all this, you could never go wrong with an Arc-P, man, I love this light!!!! Doug:)

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have asked this before but can you get a pacific with a lug tube al'a a mattie, or is the head got a different threading and/or seated different? VDG

Chao

Enlightened
I bought Peak Matterhorn Hi-3LED from peakLED solution recently, brighter and white (really snow white!) than my ARC-P, love it very much.

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
skip the fenix and peak , get the arc AAA a true tough as nails light , a truly great edc light and with a modded 2 stage head from millermod its awsome .....iv had all of them i still have the arc and sold the other 2 .............my .02 cents

Last edited:

kamagong

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help. I visited the sites you guys listed, but I'm having trouble finding the Matterhorn with the pocket body. :hairpull: Any ideas?