taking apart the LS/o

r2

Enlightened
I bought a couple LS/o and didn't realize until after I got it that I really wanted the LS with separate optics so I can fit it all in the head of a minimag. Can I pull it apart without breaking anything? Anyone know how to remove the black cylinder without damaging the board or the optics?

I'm hoping to use these with some MADMAX boards I ordered from dat2zip a while back. I ended up moving soon after I got them (pre-sandwich days) and lost them in the move. I've finally uncovered them and I'm ready to do some surgery on a minimag.

Thanks,

Russ

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
r2 from Waltham, MA. I have one of your towns pocket watch and a wrist watch.
On to the subject. To remove the optic, look for the notch on the side and just pop it out. Most easy.
The black optic holder can be pryed off from the board. Use a thin screwdriver or blade and slowly work it around the base. It will come off the board leaving a small black ring of plastic around the LED that you may remount the optic if you wish to. I hope this helps.
BTW, I first used a Dremel and ground one off untill I found it will pry off...Doh

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a razor blade and work it usder the holder to carefully pry it upwards.

IMPORTANT - Be sure to keep constant pressure on the emitter with your index finger while doing this or you run the risk of poping off the lens and ruining the emitter. Trust me on this and you will save yourself an expensive lesson.