the genesis is out!

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey that looks pretty neat. Can't wait to see a review of it.

Where are their products manufactured, anyone know?

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
This could be a good light, but I feel like the "heyday" of single brightness, 2x CR123 lights was at least a year ago, especially when using an optic. There are SO many bright 2x CR123 light that have been around for a long time- this one just doesn't get me excited as it doesn't bring anything new to the table (well...perhaps the colored filters will be of some use to people).

This being Princeton Tec, I'm frankly surprised that the didn't put multi-brightness functionality in there: they already have the technology, parts and experience. I'd love a handheld that functions like the EOS- click once for on high, if you click again in under a second, you will change modes, after that window, a second click will turn the light off. IMHO, its one of the best ways to implement multi-brightness modes since you don't have to cycle modes before turning the light off.

I suppose when I see some reviews I'll know whether to eat my words or not (depending on real-world brightness, runtime, beam-pattern and build quality), but irrespective of these factors, I think the multimode would have been a nice addition that would make this light stand out in a sea of similar models.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
KDOG3 said:
Hey thats' pretty good! Any vendors carrying this yet?

Bright Guy has it for $69.50. New area for PT. Aluminum body and imported (China.) Looks decent, but I am not sure it fills a slot or need for me at this time.

Mark