Most throw/brightness/runtime I can get out of a 6P???

dasanii19

Enlightened
Whats the brightest and most throw I can get out of my 6P or even a converted 6P? Am I pretty much at my limit with a p91 on my 6P+A19+3X123A's? Im looking for something like 250-300+ lumens with something like 60+ minutes run time.. Possible??? How do I do it? If run time will be like 20 mins then screw that, dont wanna hear about it :thumbsdow ..

Thanks

Last edited:

schrenz

Enlightened
I think 500 Lumens will be the end:

another A19 + Turbohead + MN 62
But then you have only a runtime of about 10-12 minutes and only short "shots" because of termal breakdown.
Greets Jens

cy

Flashaholic
3watt drop-in w/bored out for 18650 will get you long runtime at aprox. 40-60 lumens depending upon luxeon lottery.

with turbo head option, 5 watt dropin and 18650 li-ion. output with Wbin will be 100+ lumens for long runtime

6p turbo 2.JPG

Last edited:

dasanii19

Enlightened
cy said:
3watt drop-in w/bored out for 18650 will get you long runtime at aprox. 40-60 lumens depending upon luxeon lottery.

with turbo head option, 5 watt dropin and 18650 li-ion. output with Wbin will be 100+ lumens for long runtime

40-60 lumens? thats not much is it? or are the 3watt drop ins brighter then the p91's even though they are 40-60 lumens?

What if I made my 6p into a 12V? Would I be able to get 250+ lumens with decent runtime then?

cy

Flashaholic
NM20 will get you 250+ lumens. it takes 9V @ high current to drive. 2x 18650 will do the trick, need protection circuits and you will not get one hour runtime. by the time you purchase 6P, extender, bore out bodies and turbo head $$$

simply purchase a Surefire M6 and get it over with....

by the way not many lights will put out 250 lumens w/one hour runtime. your requirements is unrealistic to meet for a 6P sized light.

MRX-X3T will put out 250+ lumens w/aprox. 45 minutes runtime.

Last edited:

dasanii19

Enlightened
So the best im looking at for lumens + run time is around 60 mins at its best?

The M6:: is this thing good to go right out if the box or are there recomended uprades for it? Or is that not neccesary?

I think id be happy with 250 lumens, How much further does the M6 (250 lumen) throw then the P91 lamp? I mean is it day and night comparrison or just a tad bit brighter/throw? since its only 50 lumens brighter then the p91 I wouldnt think its that much brighter/more throw, unless the reflector on the M6 is what makes it brighter/throw?

dasanii19

Enlightened
leukos said:
Why not just build a ROP LE?

LOL, whats that? Help me out here im in the dark here :candle: How much is it to build? how many lumens ? how much run time? How big are they? What batteries do they use?

dragoman

Enlightened
ROP stands for Roar of the Pelican (do a search).

In brief, a ROP is a 2D size mag lite that is modified with a 6AAto2D battery holder, a Pelican bulb from Big D spotlight, an aluminum reflector, and a glass lens.

Looks the same as a 2D mag, but outputs around 600 lumens or so out the front with the high bulb. The bulbs come in high or low, runtime on low is around an hour I think, depending on the capacity of the AAs you use. You must use NIMH with this light, as they output 1.2 V (total 7.2) to overdrive the 6V bulb.

Alternatively, there is the ROP LE (Lithium edition) which uses a 2C mag lite with the same bulb/reflector/lens, but with two rechargable lithium ion batteries (usually 18650s). They output 3.6V apiece so the two together give you your 7.2V overdrive.

Again, a search for this will result in more detail, those are just the basics.

dragoman