• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* FS: 570 & 375 lumen TL upgrade kit - $60

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
*SOLD

I have a sort of "2nd" upgrade kit for sale for the TigerLight gold system at rock bottom price. Here it is:

EDIT - image removed - /EDIT

The kit includes the following:

1. A custom made, end-to-end soldered GP 2000 4/5A NiMH pack: this pack was my brothers until he (or his wife or daughter) left his light on past the point of dimming, and brought the battery pack to a very low voltage. He sent everything back to me and I revived the pack. I didn't hope for too much, just wanted to see if (and how far) it would come back to life. To my surprise, it did come back almost completely. It holds good voltage under load, but just does not have the full 2000 mAh capacity anymore. But it was gaining with the cycles I put on it, so it could come back to 100 percent. In any case, right now it is already on a par with the KAN 1800 packs I used to make. So, while it is definitely a 2nd due to have been deep discharged once, keep in mind that I would charge $60 for this new, all by itself, and as far as I can tell, it's still a good performer.

2. A 375 lumen TL LA with slightly bent pins. This is the LA in the picture that is not in a plastic bag. Very little runtime on the lamp (less than one hour).

3. Two 570 lumen lamp assemblies made with the regular TL reflectors and Welch Allyn 1111 lamps. These are brand new and have almost no runtime on them at all. But, the company which potted the lamps did not get the focus the way I wanted them to. These are not focused for throw, but are focused for short to medium range use, and for best looking hot spot on a white wall, which to some people might be prefered over a tighter focus.

Kit does not include a glass lens at the $60 price, but if you need one, I can include one for an extra $8.

Price includes shipping via USPS first-class mail, no insurance. I make no warranty on these items, but I will guarantee that they are as represented here, and will offer a 10 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied, but you will not be refunded the cost of the shipping (whatever that turns out to be--probably about $4), and will be responsible for return shipping back to me.

I accept PayPal of any kind, and check or money order.

Thanks for looking everyone.

*SOLD*

Last edited:

Bob_G

Enlightened
Re: FS: 570 & 375 lumen TL upgrade kit - $60

I don't need the battery pack, so it would just sit. I assume I'd need to charge it occasionally. The only way I have of doing that would be alligator clips from a batteryspace universal smart charger. Would the clips grab the pack and would this be an acceptable way of keeping it charged?

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

Bob_G,

I would provide you with a snap harness with 7" leads onto which you could easily clip the batteryspace alligator clips. And yes, this would be an acceptable way to do things.

But . . .

Bob_G, I will have some modded orange peel Carley 1940 reflectors, and ring-potted WA1111 and 1274 lamps for sale soon, and you are already slated to get a reflector and a couple, or three, 1111 ring-potted lamps. That's what I have you tenatively down for, anyway. And the beams from that setup will be more SureFire-like, and more to your taste according to what we've talked about via emails.

Why buy this kit when the pack will just sit? Heck, if I wanted it to just sit, I'd keep it myself.

Unless you feel very strongly about this, I'd really prefer to sell this to someone who doesn't already have a premium pack. I'd like to see this stuff go to someone who will use it, and (ideally) appreciate experiencing a really bright incan for the first time.

What do you think? Feel free to PM or email if you want.

Bob_G

Enlightened

Sounds good to me Jim, I was just seeing it as a good way to pick up a few LAs and a spare pack for a decent price. I agree with your thinking that it's a good way for someone to get exposed to the magic of highish powered incans for a good price :)

I'll probably follow-up with a PM later - the TL has become my dedicated spot, and I've come to really like the Gen4 LA, so not sure where I'm at in terms of future MOP LAs. I'm leaning toward the 1274 for the runtime, as I've got plenty of short runtime incans now :D

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jim,

"I'll take it".

Please PM me or e-mail jlbramanATcomcast.net your Paypal address.

Will this charge with the existing "standard TL" charger or I have a Triton....
please advise and if Triton, settings for best results.

Thank You,

jeffb

js

Flashlight Enthusiast

jeffb,

This pack will charge just fine on either of the TigerLight chargers (standard, or international fast-charger).

Or you can charge it with your Triton if you remove it from the light. I will throw in a mating snap harness just in case you want to go that route. Settings would be as follows:

NiMH charge (of course)
charge rate from 1 to 2 amps would be fine. Or slower than 1 amp if you want to extend the charging time for some reason. But I wouldn't go faster than 2 amps. You could, but I wouldn't recommend it.

peak delay at start = 6 minutes

No time-out

Max charge input of 2300 mAh

Peak sensitivity of 3 or 4 mV

Top off rate of 100 or 200 mA (or none) but no higher.

And if you want to discharge it, set the cut-off voltage to 5.4 volts (it's a six cell pack), and the discharge rate to whatever you want. (I usually do a 1 or 2 amp discharge--i.e. a 1C or 2C discharge).

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal: Thanks Jim and also appreciate the charging info!

jeffb

ggaarryy

Newly Enlightened
JS

Please bear with me if this is not the correct method of getting in touch but I am new to the forum.

Do you or could you ship the 570 lamps to the UK?

I have been in touch with Eric Straddeck at TL and am hopefully organising shipping of a premium pack (still waiting for Eric to get back to me but I know how busy these guys are ) . I am assuming from looking at your various posts that the premium pack will be OK with the 575 lamp.

Be grateful for your comments

Cheers

ggaarryy

js

Flashlight Enthusiast
ggaarryy,

I will be selling some 500 lumen lamps (WA1111's) and reflectors at some point in the future. Probably about a month from now. Just keep an eye out in this forum for my post. I will ship to UK. And yes, a premium pack is great for driving the WA1111.

ggaarryy

Newly Enlightened
JS,

Thanks for the reply, sorry for not posting but I have had a few IT problems.

Will I need to install a glass lens?

I will keep an look out for your sale.

Regards

ggaarryy