Right, which Starship did they pinch this one from?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just looking at the Shot Show pictures that were recently added to PK Engineering when I spotted this monster...

DSCN1672.JPG

Woops, sorry, wrong picture
grin.gif
I meant this one...

DSCN1648.JPG

What on earth is it?
shocked.gif
It`s not the Beast, and I`m pretty sure it`s not the Hellfire (the rechargeable version of the Beast?) so, er....PK? Al? Anyone?

Looks like at least 3 seperate light sources in there- and going by the size of the head, at least one of them`s gotta be a HID lamp of some sort. And if I`m not mistaken, aren`t those LEDs along the middles of the 3 divider parts?

I hope they release that one- if they do then I`ll forget about trying to save up for a Maxabeam (don`t ask, I just really badly want to get one!), and try to save for one of those instead!

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you speak the truth (i don't doubt you aren't) PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post pics. I want to see how this thing looks and works!

All i have to say is wow. I don't think i will ever buy one when it comes out but they interesting to look at.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what the big deal is. When I was kid, these were real popular. Of course they were rolled around on trailers & found mostly at car dealerships to promote their weekend specials.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
Before that, they were used in WWII looking for incomming bombers. So.....this is the new "portable" model.
wink.gif
wink.gif
TX

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one is mine and you can't have it!!!

Are you absolutely sure? Here on my person, I have an original first-prototype Arc-LS. One of only two complete kits, fully working, known to exist in the whole world. And the only one known to exist that does not have an inner foam battery retainer ring!

I`ll swap ya for it! Even throw in a part-used Sanyo CR123 battery- who could ask for more?!

grin.gif

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
I was just looking at the Shot Show pictures that were recently... when I spotted this monster...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aren't those cheap 2,000,000 CP rechargeable spotlights just as bright? Why can't a higher grade version of those lights be manufactured that looks good (maybe gun metal gray plastic like the Surge) is ergonomically excellent and reliable? It would cost a fraction of this monster's price and give essentially the same light. Of course it wouldn't be a Surefire, but why does it have to be?

Brightnorm

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe gun metal gray plastic like the Surge

My Surge is bright florescent yellow. They made it in gunmetal grey? (at least it`s easy to find if I drop it)

rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The MaxaBeam was a huge hunk of very heavy plastic with a beam that was Mag-Lite-ish in quality and if that's 6 million CP then the Beast is like 20 million CP.

Al

Kenshiro

Enlightened
I was wondering about this light.
I'm sure many of you noticed it like I did before this topic started.
If you take a look at the 2002 SF preview pictures on PK's site, and go to "The Beast (tm) Xenon HID Series"
section, there are 5 photos where an E2, Beast (body only), Beast (body + LA), Hellfire (body + LA), and the body of another light (!) are lined up.
At first I thought it was a Hellfire body only, but then noticed that it was much bigger than the Hellfire body and the shape was different as well.
But I couldn't find any pictures of that particular body with a head screwed on, so I just assumed it was another one of PK's unnamed prototypes.
Turns out I was right, but to see that they actually displayed it at SHOT! And boy, that head looks much better than the "production heads (HID01)".

Now comes the next question:
If you look at PK's new photo on his home page that is above the topic named "The Beast - SF Xenon HID", you can see several lights. But guide your attention to the fourth light from the left. That's an M6, but the head is different!
It's a little longer than the normal M6 head (right next to it). Could that be the HID head for the M6? Or LED head for the M6? Something else?
If anyone has any info, please share it with us.....
Thank you.

P.S. As good as I think the Hellfire/Beast is (I actually prefer the Hellfire, not only is it rechargable, but the Body/Head is much better proportioned), IMHO I like the M6 better. It just looks sooooo handsome.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kenshiro:
...IMHO I like the M6 better. It just looks sooooo handsome.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kenshiro,

I treasure my M6. I consider it one of the most beautiful lights ever made, and I constantly marvel that something so relatively small and light can produce such unexpected brilliance.

Best regards,
Brightnorm

D

**DONOTDELETE**

geez, what's next, an entire lighthouse with a switch and a handle stuck on it?
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Ken J. Good

Enlightened
This one is mine and you can't have it!!!
grin.gif

It is part of the prototype development chain for the Beast/Hellfire.

It puts out over 3,200 lumens of light and the grid in the center is embedded with LEDs that will run for approx infinity on one battery charge. At night we were lighting up treelines 1/4 mile away, no problem.

If you read the newest SF handheld products catalog, there will be a quote from a SureFire Institute instructor "Paul, you've finally created a crew-served flashlight". That would be me after seeing this thing in action.

I am diligently working out in the gym to turn this thing into a viable close quarters battle illumination tool. The best I've been able to come up with is: welding the thing permanently to my forearm so I can use it freely and at the same time nobody from the CandlePower forums can easily get it away from me.

It is 1 of 4. Paul gave me this one and I will defend my property rights to the end!!!!
grin.gif

We are having some fun now!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris M.:
I was just looking at the Shot Show pictures that were recently added to PK Engineering when I spotted this monster...
DSCN1672.JPG

What on earth is it?
shocked.gif

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Is that a picture of the Al Windler kid?
wink.gif
smile.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I spotted this monster...

What on earth is it?
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vcal:
Is that a picture of the Al Windler kid?
wink.gif
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that's Al "babyface" Windler, *The SureFire Kid*. I can attest to that, 'cos I met him.

An interesting point that occurred to me - kogatana attended the show.
I think that one of the people behind Al in the photo is KT in stealth mode ......

lightlover
wink.gif
shocked.gif
blush.gif
cool.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
That gold colored E-1 Al is holding is the color I was thinking would be nice for the CPF Arc...Al do you know if it is hard anodised?