What is this SuperSbin LED?

ac0311

Newly Enlightened
What is this SuperSbin LED? Is it the SXXH Lux I? Just wanna know:)

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can enlighten you.

The SuperSbin (SS) designation in not an official LumiLED binning. It is ARC mania's way of reserving the best Lux I emitters that go into his lights. SuperSbin emitters are carefully chosen.

The emitters come from a premium reel of Lux I emitters. Each emitter is checked for brightness, tint output, mA draw, H-bin Vf and reliability in his white room. Very few emitters pass his SS requirements.

The SS emitters go into his best lights like the Maxlite AA and KI-B. He is very choosy about what goes in his lights. As many of you know he is eccentric about the quality of his lights. ARC mania…:nana:

Some members have experienced the SS emitters. I've had the chance to own a couple of lights with SS emitters. They can be overdriven for more light or under-driven with a bright beam and longer run time.

Simply said, the SS is not an official LumiLEDs bin code but it does mean the emitter is hand-tested to insure premium qualities. The SS emitter is blessed with many desirable characteristics.

fenixvsmaxlitekib2up6eg.jpg

Here is a comparison of the SS emitter to a common popular 1AA light. The ARC mania lights are radically different in character. The Maxlite overdrives the SS emitter and the KI-B emitter is driven below specs. Both lights are brighter then the common light. But that is not the whole story. The KI-B is drawing only 24% and Maxlite AA is drawing only 63% of the power the popular light is. The run time is extended on both the KI-B and Maxlite AA lights with no sacrifice to brightness. You might notice that the SS emitter does not change tint when it is over or under driven.

MSI

Enlightened
What does he do with all the emitters that isn't good enough to get the SS designation?

What are the specs of the common light you are comparing to? I doubt it is a light using a S-bin emitter, which would be the fair thing to compare against (which also should be CC regulated so we knew how hard it was driven).
Average S-bin output is 59.5 lm and max output is 67.2 lm, so unless the Lumiled binning isn't good enough, then there will only be 7.7 lm difference if he has only picked top performers, not a huge deal if you ask me, and something most people probably would have a hard time noticing.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
fenixvsmaxlitekib22up0xh.jpg

The best I can do to match the SS emitter is a Fenix L1P. Is there another Lux I Sbin light available?

Lights are a hobby to me. I like brighter but reasonable run time. To get both takes more study. The SS emitter works for me extremely well. I know where to get them so I use them.

Perhaps another nice CPF member would like to chime in and verify what I've posted. Until another member posts then I'm the only answer you have. Perhaps someone is in a better position then I am to answer your questions.

I assume the other standard emitters are sold off to other people around the world.

My friends and I can see the SS emitter is noticeably brighter then other emitters in AA light comparisons. If you can find a better Lux I emitter then the SS emitter then go for it. I'd go for it too. Until then, I'll keep the jewels I have.

Good luck finding your answers.

fenixvsmaxlitekib3up5wb.jpg