Looking for a single AA

sean m

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a single AA light that has decent brightness(at least as bright as a stock mini mag), aluminum housing, compact size (straight tube and roughly thee dia. of a mini mag), and low cost(under $25). What is out there that meets these requirements?

Last edited:

frisco

Enlightened
JetBeam all the way! Runs on 1.2v NiMh 1.5v Alkaline/Lithium or 14500 LiIon also CR123/RCR123 battery tube available. Very Bright !!!

Fenix line is very good also! L1T

frisco

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the L1p, its one of the best single AA lights out there but to me it seems a little over engineered. The aluminium casing is unnecessarily thick which makes the whole thing considerably larger than an AA battery. I prefer the minimalistic approach of the Arc AAA-P. (not as bright but much better runtime). I wish arc made an AA light with tail clickie and one of the more efficient non-luxeon high power LEDs.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think for the $, Fenix L1P or the civictor are worthwile lights.I would also look at jetbeam.I think there tint is more consistently white.The ability to use 14500 lion and have a really bright pocket light.If longer runtimes are needed,check out peak they are very well made lights.

Last edited:

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
What's your definition of decent brightness? For more info you should check out:

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/index1.html

OR

http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/

A lot of good lights were already mentioned but there's also the Inova X1, CMG/Gerber Infinity Ultra, LRI (Photon) Proton, Advancedmart Ghost II, Civicitor V1, Nuwai X-1, and Peak Pacific with the AA body. My tip, just get them all. If you hang around these forums long enough you probably will eventually
lolsign.gif

glire

Enlightened
Let me suggest the Ghost II or the Fenix L1T as additional choices.
They're very different, but both have "decent brightness" and "low cost" depending on your meaning.

benp1

Newly Enlightened
considering the L1P and L1T are similarly priced, why would one choose a 'P' over a 'T'?

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would choose a fenix P over T because Ive had better luck with tint and brightness of the P series,maybe others will post here to see if i just lost the lux lottery.My l2p on a L1 body great combo.The fenix store has a sale on them for $42.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Fenix L1T speaks to me with it's two level output.

But Fenix P1 has an AWESOME looking beam for my sometimes needs!

Does anyone have a Lambda LUXIII and a Fenix to give me some input?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and Welcome!

There's a Vortex Vision LR5 that runs on a single rechargeable AA that's included.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a fan of the Fenix L1x's and particularly of the Civictor (now on sale for $29.75 - 12% shipped - check post # 97). However, if your definition of "decent" brightness is more modest, this and this 0.5 watter run about $12. plus shipping and seemed OK.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast