Now This is a Manly Diaper Bag

nethiker

Enlightened
With the imminent arrival of our new child, I declared the need for a new diaper bag. As the Mr. Mom, I felt that I needed something tougher and more masculine than the regular offerings. I searched all over including writing letters to a couple of tactical bag makers with my requests. Making the regular "ladies bag" out of camo fabric didn't do it for me and I had to laugh at the Diaper Bandalero I saw strapped proudly across the model's chest, loaded with diapers as if ready for war.

Well, I must say that I think I found the ultimate man's diaper bag. The Duluth Pack Diaper Bag is a rugged, full sized bag any Dad would be proud to carry. It's a bit spendy at $175 (including changing mat), but considering it's construction and ability to become a regular backpack after the kids are out of diapers helps me justify this bag over one a third the cost that will be retired in a couple of years.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll say, that's a very manly diaper bag! All it needs is a handy machete hanging from it, for all those times that the little tike's turds are just too big to dispose of all at once! Oh, how I envy you.....not!

I'll have to keep that one in mind. I've been thinking that I'll probably be going with one of the Victorinox diaper bags, myself.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
My second child is going to turn 2 next month, my first is going to turn 6 next month. I am also a stay at home dad.

After the second one, I have no energy to worry about what I look like when I go out with them :) If anybody thinks my bag is not manly it's THEIR problem not mine! Anybody that has the wear withal to take their baby out in public is amazingly brave and manly (or womanly) and I know what kind of guts it takes :D The crumbs in my pockets are probably cheerios, the stains on my pants are probably pudding, the goo in my hair is probably some "gummy" product and the floor of my car contains enough carbohydrates stores to get us through an extended hurricane bug out. I wear my sons lunch on my shirt with pride :D

It's just going to get sticky inside anyway :grin2:

malcontent

Newly Enlightened
James S said:
:D The crumbs in my pockets are probably cheerios, the stains on my pants are probably pudding, the goo in my hair is probably some "gummy" product and the floor of my car contains enough carbohydrates stores to get us through an extended hurricane bug out. I wear my sons lunch on my shirt with pride :D

:crackup: :crackup: My son is grown and on his on now, and your description brought back those, now funny, memories. Those were truly the 'good old days'.
Thanks for the recall!

Last edited:

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
A fine diaper bag indeed..
My oldest just turned 4, my youngest is 2, and one more in the pipes..
My last diaper bag is still holding strong, but I am always open to new options.. What I like most about the bag we currently have is that it attaches nicely to the stroller it was made for..
Now that I am thinking of it.. The next squirmy noodle will be the first of my flashoholic era..

James..Nice visual.. :)

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
Santelmo said:
Waow! "Tactical diaper bags!" hehehe

it is truly a tactical diaper bag. This is ideal for soldier on the move who has to babysit other soldier kids :laughing:

LowWorm

Enlightened
James S said:
My second child is going to turn 2 next month, my first is going to turn 6 next month. I am also a stay at home dad.

After the second one, I have no energy to worry about what I look like when I go out with them :) If anybody thinks my bag is not manly it's THEIR problem not mine! Anybody that has the wear withal to take their baby out in public is amazingly brave and manly (or womanly) and I know what kind of guts it takes :D The crumbs in my pockets are probably cheerios, the stains on my pants are probably pudding, the goo in my hair is probably some "gummy" product and the floor of my car contains enough carbohydrates stores to get us through an extended hurricane bug out. I wear my sons lunch on my shirt with pride :D

It's just going to get sticky inside anyway :grin2:

Hear hear! :buddies: