Lithium Power Flashlights

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the heads can be modified, possibly. Depends alot on the initial cost of the original flashlight. No sense (to me) to take an already expensive light to mod it.

In any case, you know more about modding than I do. I may be able to look at something and see if modifying is possible, but, that is a far as I can go. I have neither the tools, nor the skills needed to do so.

My 'mods' consist of find the best replacement LED bulb for an incandescant light that I already have. LOL, some mod, huh?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne, stay away from that second group. I have one. Major POS.
I like the looks of the first group.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
The XU6A2-2 looks just like the Smith & Wesson "Magnum Force"/Galls torch made in Asia. Of course these have been discussed before.

If the bodies/switches held up, I would like to see an LS in one of the "XU6A2-1's", have to agree with the candy color comment.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Dana (sunspot), are you perhaps referring to the XU6A2-1 instead of the XP6A2-A?

The XU has the inordinately HIGH number of components in the lamp assembly. This is not acceptable. Simplicity not complexity is what is needed in this type of product.

Conversely the XP is comparatively quite simple.

Incidentally, the XB6A2 looks very similar to a product that TacStar is going to be marketing as the TPL-2000 (Tactical Personal Light). See image below.

flashlt1.jpg

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was not necessarily addressing how good they are or are not as xenon or whatever type of bulb they presently have. I am looking at them from the perspective of converting them to a Luxeon Star based flashlight.

Wayne J.

Brotherscrim

Enlightened
I like the look of the XU6A2-1's candy-colored goodness. If they have a tailswitch, I think they would go over very well indeed

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wayne, it's xp6a2-a. It has a well made body. The switch is like a mini-mags. Contact is kept open via a spring on the tailcap. In the head, there are two springs and a fat spacer and the lamp is held by another spacer looking thingie.
Email me your address and you can have it. I use it for a paperweight on my desk and a reminder to not believe hype. $30, I coulda spent on batteries.
Botach sells a like light if that tells you anything.

flash....

Enlightened
I definitely like the XU6A2-1....
Where can I find a link to a closer look at these?
Who manufactures these?
Gonna stuff 5w LS in these? Regulated?
Hmmm. I'm asking to many questions. Sorry.