Could someone break down the current Inova X0 line?

Jasmes

Enlightened
I'm very confused... I was reading the thread about the XO now becoming the XO2, and the new XO no longer being a spotlight style beam... but on Inova's website there is no "XO2," only an XO3. Is the XO3 a spotlight beam or floodlight? :confused:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
you are right. It shouldn't need to be so confusing, but it is.

The original XO was a TIROS luxeon I spotlight. The XO name is now bestowed upon a new light having a reflector. It has changed (to have a larger reflector rather than the sleek design previouslyused) into a shape looking similar to the XO3. It is still a lux I.

The original XO is now called the XO2 and is the same light it was before the change. It was only a name change.

The XO3 is a TIROS spotlight. It is a luxIII. It is basically identical to the T3 except it has no clicky and knurling. It has a twisty.

Wheeew.....that is confusing. Hope this helps.

zhuntai

Newly Enlightened
fieldops said:
The original XO was a TIROS luxeon I spotlight. The XO name is now bestowed upon a new light having a reflector. It has changed (to have a larger reflector rather than the sleek design previouslyused) into a shape looking similar to the XO3. It is still a lux I.

I was looking at the picture of the XO on the Inova website and it looks like its a competely cylindrical barrel (no enlarged head) and it claims TIROS. Is this just Inova not having updated their website?

Jasmes

Enlightened
fieldops said:
you are right. It shouldn't need to be so confusing, but it is.

The original XO is now called the XO2 and is the same light it was before the change. It was only a name change.

The XO3 is a TIROS spotlight. It is a luxIII. It is basically identical to the T3 except it has no clicky and knurling. It has a twisty.

Wheeew.....that is confusing. Hope this helps.

Do you know why there is no "XO2" on the Inova website?

ginaz

Enlightened
they're not known for keeping their website current.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I have to admit that one drawback of Inova is that their website is WAY WAY behind the current company offerings. Lights are great, the website is not.