cheap bodies for digilight 9v lamps ???

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a testbed for some 9v digilight lamps and several rechargeable batteries I'm recieving in a few days... I'd like another 2 cell and a 3 cell light so i can compare beamshots and runtimes side by side. (I have no light meter so beamshots would be ten minute, twenty minute, etc)
Whats the cheapest body the lamp will go into which will withstand a full discharges worth of heat? I have a post in BST but nobody apparently has any old beat up surefires the're willing to part with on the cheap. . .:awman:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a Vital Gear 2 cell body in BST (Lights section, multipule items) now, for $25. I don't know if it gets better than that.

Sgaterboy

Newly Enlightened
Omega Man said:
There's a Vital Gear 2 cell body in BST (Lights section, multipule items) now, for $25. I don't know if it gets better than that.

just the body... I'd need to spend extra on a head :-( but thanks for the find.

mdocod

Flashaholic
you are looking for ULTRAFIRE...

ultrafire tactical incan flashlights come stock with G&P lamp assemblies... so they are compatable with all the 26mm surefire style tactical lamp assemblies..

The 2 cell version- the WF-501B
The 3 cell version- the WF-502B

you can get the whole flashlight- including a G&P LA, for about $20 shipped.

[edit in] in my opinion- for the money- these are great flashlights- I have been using a 4 cell version, with a P91Surefire LA, and 2x17670 cells, for nearly 6 months. It gets used every day. It is almost always in my pocket. It has been dropped many times. The surface will wear under daily use, scuffing and scratching will appear- but if you don't mind that- these are an ideal beater light- and if the body every gets beyond repair- you can replace the whole thing for about the cost of 1 lamp assembly from other brands. My father in law has a 3 cell version he uses with a HP G90 LA, and a pair of 17500s, it continues to work flawlessly as well.

Last edited: