Why no SF clickie for SF G2?

dmz

Enlightened
Most of the SF line is clickie now. Why no SF clickie for SF G2? Aside from the upgrade to LOTC, will SF ever update the G2?

SCblur

Enlightened
A clickie is more complex, ergo, more expensive than a twistie, and the G2 is meant as an economy offering from SF. Also, a twistie is much more reliable than a clickie (again, because it's far less complex) and makes the G2 what it is: a reliable sturdy, economic light that you don't need to worry about. I guess they figure if you care about a clicky, you'll upgrade to a higher grade light like the E2e, or shell out for the clicky tailcap they offer. I'm sure the G2 will see periodic improvements. But I think it is pretty well evolved for what it is meant to be.

dmz

Enlightened
The problem is the clickies available from SF are metal. I prefer a nitrolon clickie tailcap on a G2.

davidra

Enlightened
PUtting a clickie in a G2 is one of the first mods I ever did. The Ozark/Garrity Walmart lights have a clickie that is easily transplanted to a G2 and fits right into the tailcap. Mine has been using the same clickie for a couple of years now and works great. Do a search; there are pictures and instructions.

litho123

Enlightened
Garrity has discontinued their 2AA light with the tailcap clickie in favor of a body mounted switch. The old style will be hard to find.

PM me if you want one and can't find it locally. I have two more "old style" left.

All in all, it's a great inexpensive mod that takes a good light and makes it better.

cobra-ak

Newly Enlightened
Maybe for tactical reasons say as entering a dark building with bad guys if your clickie got stuck on the bad guys would draw a bead on you. With a twistie your thumb is in control.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Krolls will fit inside the tailcap shell. Remove the G2 switch guts and Kroll rubber cap and use the G2's push cap instead. You will need to shim the space between the Kroll's side spring contact and the inner metal wall within the Nitrolon tail section. I wound a thin strip of 3/8" wide copper apround the Kroll's threaded area to contact the spring. Aluminum foil is use by others.