KL1 conversion head

Hawaiian

Newly Enlightened
Hi, first post here. I usually hang out on the Knife forums. I don't know anything about flashlights. Total Newbie.

I just ordered a SF E2E from one of my knife dealers. He gave me a good price, $60. shipped. He also is offering me a KL1 led converson head for $40. shipped.

I know he is giving me a special price. My question is do I need the KL1.

I know it gives a longer run time, but the lumens are much less that the standard E2E. It will not be as bright, right? So other than saving on batteries, what else will the KL1 do.

Thanks for helping out this newbie decide if I should get the KL1.

Gary.

Radio

Modulated Moderator
He gave you a great price on the E2E and a great price on the KL1 head, $40 shipped is about $10 cheaper than the best new shipped price I can get and that is a CPF special price, my advice is to grab it! Give us his info if he's ok with it, I bet a lot of guys here would like an E2E/KL1 head combo shipped for $100. :)

Last edited:

ROK

Enlightened
welcome to CPF.
Great price!
Take both and test them. You can find its worth.
If you don't want KL1, you can sell it at same price.

SCblur

Enlightened
one benefit to the KL1 is that it out-throws the stock E2e by a little bit, and you get completely flat reguation for two and a half hours. You'll appreciate that the first time you're stuck outside for an extended period of time. The KL1 is an awesome accessory to have on hand to compliment your E2e.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those prices i'd pick them both up. If you decide you only want one sell whichever you don't use on the BST forums here. You can probably get $20-25 for the E2e head and bulb or at least $40 for the KL1.

schiesz

carrot

Flashaholic
The KL1 is fantastic! It may not be as bright, but it throws almost as well as my A2 (which throws similarly to the E2e). Just because it has a lower lumen count doesn't mean it's not as useful -- I find myself using my E1L (KL1-equipped E1e) a LOT. You won't regret it... and even if you did you could sell the KL1 here and make your money back.

Hawaiian

Newly Enlightened
Thank you everone for the info. I knew I would get answers to my questions here. This is a great forum. Yep, I called and added it to my order. Just hope I don't get hooked on lights, damn knives are bad enough on the wallet by themselves.

Thanks again, Gary.

grnamin

Enlightened
If you don't like the KL1's all spot and no spill beam, you can always put a reflector in it. :D You can't go wrong with the KL1. Glad to hear you pulled the trigger for one. You may be a newbie, but you're off to a great start. :thumbsup:

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Welcome to CPF, why dontcha stay awhile!

Nice score, great set incan and LED! The E2e is my favorite lite, for the flexibility that you are now discovering. All you need now is a KL4, an E1e body, a beamshaper, an MN02 low output lamp...

welcome again,
daloosh