Ever Had "Hot" Ice Cream?

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Deep fried ice cream for me, not a big fan of 'hot' ice cream.

Also on that restauraunts desert menu was deep fried cheesecake (had one whole deep fried cheese cake amoung 5 people, lol that like 8 slices), deep fried banana, and some green tea ice cream.

does anyone know of a good place to get deep fried twinkies/snickers bars in NY/NJ?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you've ever watched Iron Chef then you've seen those guys make ice cream out of stuff that makes me sick just to look at :)

They have done various kinds of fish, and fish roe and the most interesting I can remember was something with natto in it...

Uggg!

Slowly over the last few years I have lost the ability to digest dairy, so it's iced soy for me. Some brands aren't too bad, but a really gelati or premium ice cream is a thing of such joy that sometimes I will enjoy and damn the consequences :green:

CLHC

Flashaholic
I forgot another one that I don't like which is the durian ice cream. :green: Then in Venice California, there's what's called "Persian Ice Cream" that has real rose petals that tastes like "grandma's perfume" as they say. :sick:

Here's one that isn't ice cream—Beer Jelly! Beer, Gelatine, and Cheese Pops? :eeew:

sancho886

Newly Enlightened
I had tequila ice cream on a trip to mexico city. It was pretty damn good. I might make a trip over the border and try to find some more :whistle:.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love that rose ice cream! At the avocado festival in Carpenteria, CA, I had avocado ice cream (what else?). It was pretty good.

flashgreenie

Enlightened
Durian ice cream, green tea ice cream, red bean ice cream, deep fried ice cream... They all taste great to me!!!! :) Hagen Daz make this really great tasting green tea ice cream in Asia.
I guess it depends what you grew up with. I know plenty of white folks and some asians too that wouldn't touch durian with a 10feet pole much less eat the ice cream version of it. On the other hand you should see a bunch of homesick malaysians in Australia go nuts over a container of durian ice cream. :lolsign:

chmsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've heard of restaurants making bizarre ice creams on April Fool's Day. Pickles, cheeseburger, chili, and tomato soup come to mind (btw, not all in one).

I'm too much of a stick in the mud for those. Gimme an Abbott's Frozen Custard (local chain) or a high quality french vanilla with juicy, fresh, sliced peaches and a biscotti.

Vbeez

Enlightened
I'll take Green tea ice cream, fried ice cream, delicious ice cream (taste great), durian fruit.........not durian ice cream and definetely not durian skin.....ouchhhh.
Durian anyone ??????

carrot

Flashaholic
I love deep-fried ice cream. Best place I've had it at is "Mickey's," a Japanese restaurant in NY, where they make it in tempura batter.

I've seen ketchup ice cream, but I never tried it... :/

Topper

Flashaholic*
Well I am a big fan of Habenero hot sauce and I put it on almost everything.
Never tried it on ice cream but I don't eat ice cream often.
Topper :)

Manzerick

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd love to try it... seems wild!

I use to make ice cream for a little shop in town and we made Gummy bear ice cream. Sounds good, right?

Well it may have taste good it was a dentist's friend. One bite into a frozen gummy bear could break a tooth!!! Needless to say, it didn't sell LOL

carrot

Flashaholic
I love deep-fried ice cream. Best place I've had it at is "Mickey's," a Japanese restaurant in NY, where they make it in tempura batter.

I've seen ketchup ice cream, but I never tried it... :/