Treasure Hunters Flashlights

ptirmal

Enlightened
dcowboyscr said:
Did anyone see the TV show Treasure hunters? What kind of flashlights, led it looked like, were they using?
I haven't seen it but my friend said all they use were surefires... he only knows about surefires because of me, lol

Cypher

Enlightened
They looked like Gerber LX 3.0 to me. They looked longer like the 3AA format the Gerbers have and they were definately LED. This was last week's episode that I saw so if there was a new one on maybe they switched lights.

seattlite

Enlightened
Just watched the latest episode on my DVR. First I thought it was an L2 due to its length, but in a couple of shots, I noticed that it didn't have the L2's distinctive lanyard ring tailcap. I then thought it was the L7, but in some scenes, the beamshot looked more "throwy" than "floody". However, the length and finish of the light does make it look like an L7. So, my guess is that its either an L7 or maybe a 9AN(due to beam pattern).

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
seattlite said:
Just watched the latest episode on my DVR. First I thought it was an L2 due to its length, but in a couple of shots, I noticed that it didn't have the L2's distinctive lanyard ring tailcap. I then thought it was the L7, but in some scenes, the beamshot looked more "throwy" than "floody". However, the length and finish of the light does make it look like an L7. So, my guess is that its either an L7 or maybe a 9AN(due to beam pattern).
it difenitly wasnt an l2 because the bezel was to long and the button on the back was to big it took upalmost the whole tailcap.

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
I don't think they're Surefires at all. They are much longer like a 5 cell 123a. I thought maybe Gerber or Inova but certainly not Surefire.

I also saw several shots when they were in the mine and they looked like the lights were Silver in color.

Not sure at this point. We'll just have to watch more episodes. :grin2: