Paypal Cash

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can someone explain what paypal cash is? I have looked on the paypal site and find nothing about it. I have used Credit Card Paypal many times, but how do you do Cash Paypal? Where do you put the cash into the computer? :stupid:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone smarter than me can elaborate, but you can set up a PP account to receive only from a buyer's checking account or PP account. The account you have set up does not get charged fees for receiving money. Its called a cash account (tho PP may not call it that). It wont accept money from a debit card. When you pay a seller using your checking account (but not a debit card), or by transferring funds from your own PP account, you are paying with "cash paypal" or "paypal cash".

If you set up an account to receive credit cards or debit cards (in addition to the stuff in the first paragraph), PP will charge you a fee irrespective of where the funds are received from.

I have one of each type. If you buy a light from me and want to send me money straight from your checking account (or straight from your PP acct), I have you send it to my "cash PP" account so I pay no fees. If you want to pay by CC, I have you send it to my "CC PP" account, and I pay a fee to receive your funds.

Hope I'm on track here.

cheers

Last edited:

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty much as PowerNoodle said:

PayPal cash is funded either by money people paid YOU through PayPal and you leave in your PayPal Account, or, if you do a bank transfer from your bank account and leave it in your PayPal account and use that money to send people.

Regular (no fee) PayPal accounts don't generally allow people to use credit cards to pay them, so people that do a lot of business through PayPal and want to receive payments from credit cards have to sign up for 'Premier' or 'Business' accounts....

Unfortunately for people with that kind of account, they have to pay a fee for every incoming transaction be it from a credit card or 'PayPal Cash'.....

So, a lot of people with a 'Business' or 'Premeir' of account will also set up a seperate, 'regular' PayPal account so they can receive 'cash' payments from 'PayPal Cash Balances' without the extra charge for CC enabled accounts.... and therefore save some fees.

Hope that makes sense.... But either way, be assured that there is a good reason for it.

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys for the paypal 101 class. I have to upgrade my account by adding a bank account to my paypal information (premier account). Then, I think I will be able to set up different accounts. Thanks again.:)

Randy Shackleford

Enlightened
IIRC paypal only allows one regular personal and one premire/business account per user. And, I think you have to allocate/attach a different bank account to each different PP account.