Fenix L2T grip improvement mod

mbirds

Newly Enlightened
This is about as easy as it gets. I love the L2T but the sucker is slippery. I found some rubbery heat shrink tubing and cut a piece just overlapping the raised sections as pictured below. It greatly improves tactical hold, cigar hold, and changing levels. Just thought I'd share. Pictured below is the piece of tubing as well. Obviously it is totally reversible.

Last edited:

zhuntai

Newly Enlightened
haha was it hard to do? pic looks like you have blood or something on your middle finger... hope that's unrelated. :p

in seriousness though... very cool. I'm getting a L2T soon and I was thinking of something along the same lines - mostly to disguise the weird barrel shape though. That bit in the middle drives me nuts!

Lumbee1

Newly Enlightened
Did you cut the heat shrink tubing after it was installed or before?

I love my L2T but I completely agree that it is very slippery to use. Only a few hand positions are possible because of the way it slides between the fingers.

mbirds

Newly Enlightened
To answer the questions, the tubing is cut before sliding it on and shrinking, and I think the tubing was 1 inch in its flattened state. This tubing did not shrink lengthwise. It is amazing what a difference it makes for handling the light, I tested it extensively while grilling burgers last night. The more plasticky type tubing from radio shack would probably work ok too, and comes in black. I can't remember where I got this tubing years ago, maybe Radio Shack or a hardware store.