WANTED: AA, LUX I light with a clip.

fire-stick

Enlightened
I've been carring a minimag with a 3 LED drop in for about 3 months now. I took a pocket clip off of a marker and put it on the minimag and it works great, but I've noticed that sometimes I need a little bit more throw and a little bit more output. I still want to stick with the AA and pocket clip configuration. The LUX I is optional though. I just need something a little stronger than the 3 LED's I have now.

Thanks

Scott

leduk

Enlightened
Terralux dropins TLE-5 (1W) and TLE-20(?W) would boost your existing Mag.

Other than that off to FLR link and sort by the column.
I guess you're after 2AA config so that's Fenix, Aurora and Streamlight JR.

Cheers

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
leduk said:
Terralux dropins TLE-5 (1W) and TLE-20(?W) would boost your existing Mag.

I'd second that ... I bought a TLE-5 last month, and find the overall throw and output is roughly equivalent to my 1AA Civictor. But it lasts twice as long on 2AAs in the minimag (on NiMH, time to 50% is just over 6 hrs on my TLE-5/minimag vs just under 3 hrs for the civictor).

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
nerdgineer said:
Works even better with a Civictor.

I have been using the newer style Gerber Infinity clip set for tip-up carry. I plan to try it on my L2T when it arrives.

standard.jpg

CLHC

Flashaholic
Since you've still got the Mini Maglite, why not get a drop-in LED from The Sandwich Shoppe? It'll run on two (2) AA Lithiums. I have three (3) "sammies" that really outshines the other type of drop-ins I've had. The "pill" that I have:

Bad Boy NexGen 750mA Lux.III

One in my stock-bodied Mini Maglite with said batteries above and the other in my 3[M]iniMag. The other serves as back-up for that "just in case" situation.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

fire-stick

Enlightened
revolvergeek said:
I have been using the newer style Gerber Infinity clip set for tip-up carry. I plan to try it on my L2T when it arrives.

standard.jpg

So does anybody just sell the clips for the Gerber infinity ultra or do you have to buy the whole light? How tight is the clip?

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know of anybody that just sells the clip. I had one Gerber Infinity, and bought two more for the clips, thinking that I could always sell the lights off without clips later.

The clip is very tight on the light, and reasonably tight on my pocket. I can get the light out easily whenever I want it, but it has not yet once come out on its own.

Simple Man

Newly Enlightened
Yep, I did the same thing with my L1T, although mine is right-handed. :D (Edit: Oops, RG I see your's is right handed, just backwards :poke:)

I called Gerbers toll-free CS line (800-950-6161) and asked nicely:) for a couple IU clips, they sent me two out and I got them in a week or so, no charge.

I dremeled the ears off of one and used a black permanent marker to shade it. It is as tight as it can be and still be able to put it on the flashlight. I would suggest using a pair of split ring/spreader pliers, as that would have made it much easier.........

Carrying it clipped in the Fenix sheath; lashed to a County Comm Sheath (with SOG Powerlock) is working real well for me. (pics are pre-clip, sorry)

Last edited:

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine actually really is left handed! I carry it clipped to my left pants pocket.

Very cool both about Gerber and your clip mod! I was debating trimming the 'ears' off, but I have been to busy/lazy to break out the Dremel tool yet. I have a L2T that should be arriving today or tomorrow, and it is going to get a clip on asap.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Transfer the clip from ypur mag or a new marker to a Civictor.
Check with 4sevens to see if the July 4 sale for the Civictor is still on.

What brand/model of marker did you steal the clip from? I need clips for my Civictor & L1P.

I do not recommend the TLE-10/20. It produces an ugly yelloe corona around the hotspot.

Last edited:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello fire-stick:)

I would go with a Fenix L1P or L1T. I prefer carrying the light in a holster. In case of the Fenix in the stock holster with a clip on it. It protect the light and lense of scratches and damages.

If you can get a 2mm titanium or stainless steel plate you can easy build your own clip.

Here is the description like I build it.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1321036&postcount=1

Good luck and best regards

_____
Tom

fire-stick

Enlightened
LEDninja said:
Transfer the clip from ypur mag or a new marker to a Civictor.
Check with 4sevens to see if the July 4 sale for the Civictor is dtill on.

What brand/model of marker did you steal the clip from? I need clips for my Civictor & L1P.

I do not recommend the TLE-10/20. It produces an ugly yelloe corona around the hotspot.
--------------------------------------
I snagged it from a green perm. marker, I don't know what brand the marker is but the clip has the word "berol" on it. The bullet is for scale. The 45 cal. round fits VERY loosly in the clip so I suppose the clip is maybe .30 or .35 inches accross.

Warp

Enlightened
fire-stick said:
The 45 cal. round fits VERY loosly in the clip so I suppose the clip is maybe .30 or .35 inches accross.

If the approximately .45 diameter bullet fits very loosely inside of the clip, the clip must be bigger than .45 inches. Not smaller.