• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD!!! One of a kind Fenix!! SOLD!!!!

Knight Lights

Enlightened
:sold::sold::sold:

This is a Fenix L1P modded by Milkyspit to include a FluPic board running on a 14500 AA sized LiIon cell. (Not included)

BUT...there's more!

Not only is the FluPic installed, but it is running a VERY nice UWOJ emitter that was specially chosen to be as white as possible by Milkyspit!!

This is a sleeper light, looks like a Fenix, blows people away like an Aleph or high powered Surefire.

The Flupic offers low, medium, burst modes with strobe and SOS capabilities as well!!

Priced at a very fair $120, shipping not included.

PM for payment instructions.

Edit: Beamshot Added!

img-cpf-fenix-flupic-uwoj-vs-hds-u60.jpg

Milky posted this beamshot. It shows the FF-UWOJ on left vs. HDS U60 on the right, in an overlapping beamshot. The photo doesn't show the magnitude of everything as it should be, but the Fenix hotspot looks more intense than the HDS, and sidespill is very noticeably brighter... the HDS sidespill is barely even visible. Those with good eyes might see a hint of sky blue around the fringe of the HDS hotspot, it's what Milky mentioned as the "baby blue" tint in his post below. The Fenix with UWOJ is a rich, warm white...a BEAUTIFUL TINT!

The FF-UWOJ is also slimmer than HDS, that's visible from the photo, too. (Look near the bottom.)

Bill

Last edited:

liteMANIAC

Newly Enlightened
Re: One of a kind Fenix!!

What would the beam compare to, a HDS? Or is it floodier or throw further?

Knight Lights

Enlightened

I don't have an HDS to compare to.

It has a well defined hot spot, but lots of sidespill as well.

Bill

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

liteMANIAC said:
What would the beam compare to, a HDS? Or is it floodier or throw further?

liteMANIAC, maybe I can answer some of this as I have both lights.

Beam pattern, hotspot size, and relative intensity of sidespill vs. hotspot for both lights is virtually identical. You could overlay the beam of one with the beam from the other and end up with a perfect fit.

Output comparison... remember, since both lights are programmable, YMMV! I tend to keep similar settings on all my variable brightness lights so here's what I'm seeing...

Low brightness: Output from both lights is virtually identical.

Medium brightness: FF-UWOJ is clearly brighter than HDS-U60.

High (burst) brightness: FF-UWOJ blows HDS-U60 out of the water! :p

Also: FF-UWOJ offers a terrific strobe and an SOS signal. Can also be programmed to operate in any one of SIX different operating modes, and both low and medium brightness are user-configurable.

Tint: FF-UWOJ is the pleasing warm white typical of a WO tint... the tint that so many people love. I used to think my HDS-U60 was pretty pure white... but comparing the two side-by-side, on the brighter settings the tint of my HDS looks a baby blue! :eek:oo:

Power consumption: Off the protected 14500 cell that's in the FF-UWOJ at this moment, low brightness consumes roughly 30mA... medium brightness roughly 350mA... and high brightness roughly 1000mA. On a completely fresh cell, the high brightness might jump as high as 1200mA... it's REALLY BRIGHT! :cool: I would advise using this level only on an intermittent basis, not continuously. Your hands will thank you for that!

To be honest, these are a royal pain to build, mainly because that danged Fenix stock circuit capsule is a real bear to get out without damaging the rest of the light. I don't build these very often for that reason. Somebody, PLEASE grab it while you can! I personally guarantee you will be MORE than pleased with your purchase. This super light has catapulted itself to the top of my carry list... and I've got about 100 stock and modded lights on hand to choose from! (Yes, I've got two of this mod. Didn't think I'd sell the only one I've got, didja?)

BTW, there's also a couple loops of glow ring around the neck of the light on the outside, just for good measure. ;)

Free

Enlightened

Would this run on a regular non-rechargeable AA photo lithium battery, or an alkaline? What would the output, and run time be?

WAVE_PARTICLE

Flashlight Enthusiast

So.....is this a UW0J or a UX0J? :thinking:
Seems like we have some contradicting posts......

WP

Knight Lights

Enlightened

Well...

milky told me UXOJ in his PM, I'll check and repost.

It will NOT provide full functionality on anything less than a LiIon cell.

Bill

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Free said:
Would this run on a regular non-rechargeable AA photo lithium battery, or an alkaline? What would the output, and run time be?

Free, this light is designed to run on a Li-ion rechargeable cell... I'd recommend a protected cell for maximal safety... AW and some others around CPF sell these with chargers at very affordable prices.

In a pinch you could use one of the cells from a CRV3 (I think that's the one!) photo lithium battery pack... those packs contain a pair of AA-sized 3V primary lithium cells... except for the Energizer brand! The cells in those are 1.5V. Duracell and other major brands are always 3V cells, as far as I know. Wouldn't be as bright as Li-ion, but it would work and should produce very usable light, plus the same selectable brightness levels, strobe, SOS signal, and programmability.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast

I`m holding a Fenix, FluPic, UX1J 14500 Li-on I built and it is great pocket rocket with neat useable features. The UW0J in this one should make it even nicer than mine with the better tint. A very nice light you have for sale here. IMHO:rock:

Ken:)

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast

One thing to keep in mind though is that in my experience with my identical mod (gave to another CPFer) is that the switch on the fenix can be a little finicky at times.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

xochi said:
One thing to keep in mind though is that in my experience with my identical mod (gave to another CPFer) is that the switch on the fenix can be a little finicky at times.

Xochi, not sure what kind of finicky you were seeing, but I noticed in my Fenixes (four of them) that at first the threaded ring inside the switch was loose, and that caused some problems. Once I'd tightened things they seemed to work better. On this particular Fenix (uh, I think!) I'd also inserted a small O-ring to recess the boot just a tad extra for better standup action... I'd found that the switch can take in a bit of air, I think displaced from the battery tube when tighening the tail closed, and that rounded the boot outward just a bit... but enough to make the standup wobbly. Not any more! :D

Another thing about the switch is that it's QUIET and has a SHORT TRAVEL, both of which could be seen by many as virtues! It does mean making the FLuPIC change levels by using those half-click momentary off's while on (I call them "bumps") is a little delicate... you get used to it but it definitely takes some practice! Just don't bump too hard... a light touch will do! You get a feel for it after a while.

As far as reliability, no problems seen on any of mine so far! Were you seeing problems along those lines?
:thinking:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
No reliability issues. The Fenix switch is excellent in terms of the increased usage demands the flupic places on it (other than the natural tendency to wear out the boot quicker which is to be expected).

The Flupic/fenix combo is likely my absolute favorite form factor for a multilevel edc and for those that enjoy pocket clips, adding one of the heavy duty type pocket clips from the Gerber Ultra makes it close to perfect.

As others mentioned the beam profile of the fenix and the hds are nearly identical and in my mod I found that the addition of a McR-18 flector tightened up the hotspot and boosted throw a bit as well as adding to the cosmetics/ coolness factor.

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just have to say this light is most awesome. So bright, just like in the picture. The UI is easy to master, I just love it!

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lisa, I'm very glad you like the light! :eek:

(Besides, I did GUARANTEE you would... whew, I'm off the hook! Hee hee.) ;)

Seriously, enjoy... hope it serves you well... if not, you know who to call! :)