Input from all with problem

hawkchucker

Newly Enlightened
Ok here is the skinny I edc a leatherman surge every day and really love the thing, and the sheath set up is really slick. In the two extra side panels I keep on one side a Fisher bullett, and the other the very sad Solitaire.

I do like the size of it but the throw really screws the pooch. I have seen the led conversions for 20$ for them but really have no experience with them. So my question is... Are they worth it? I also carry my G2 every day but often have to climb all over my work truck. A cement mixer. So I rotainly take off the G2. I do want to keep my pockets clear so I need another option if the conversion is Not something that is worth it. So If it sucks I need to find something that is going to fit in the sheath. Single tube, single AAA cell.

hawkchucker

Newly Enlightened
The fenix seems brighter. But does it campare in size well with the solitare?

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Welcome to CPF, Hawk! The Arc AAA is 1/2"/.50" dia by 2.75" long and very similar to the Solitare. The Fenix is .80" dia x 3.60" long for the L1/L1P. There is a CR2 battery tube available for it aftermarket which shortens it to 2.65" long. It's almost required that everybody have an Arc AAA here, though Peak has some nice offerings I'm told.

Larry

Last edited:

hawkchucker

Newly Enlightened
The fenix seems brighter Than the arc. But does it campare in size well with the solitare?

Haz

Enlightened
Yes, the Fenix is brighter than the Arc for the first 30 minutes or so, and for the next 4.5 hours, the Arc is brighter.

The Fenix is about the same size as the Solitaire.

The Arc is shorter than the Solitaire.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
Haz said:
Yes, the Fenix is brighter than the Arc for the first 30 minutes or so, and for the next 4.5 hours, the Arc is brighter.

The Fenix is about the same size as the Solitaire.

The Arc is shorter than the Solitaire.

Haz, the Fenix is over 1 1/2 times the diameter of the Arc AAA and 1 1/3 times the length according to the dial caliper in front of me! It may not fit his pouch, which I am unfamilier with. I've owned ~10 Arc AAAs and 19 L1Ps. (went out as Christmas presents, but I still have a couple.) The size difference is more than noticible, as is the output!

Larry

Haz

Enlightened
tvodrd said:
Haz, the Fenix is over 1 1/2 times the diameter of the Arc AAA and 1 1/3 times the length according to the dial caliper in front of me! It may not fit his pouch, which I am unfamilier with. I've owned ~10 Arc AAAs and 19 L1Ps. (went out as Christmas presents, but I still have a couple.) The size difference is more than noticible, as is the output!

Larry

Thanks for clarifying Larry, my observations were from holding the lights in the hand, which is nowhere as accurate at the calipers

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
There's an olde saying around CPF: Buy both! And i agree! They are both pretty outstanding lights in their respective classes! (For the definition of "classes," I will defer to others.)

Larry

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you mentioned throw...
At work the guys like the Leatherman Charge Ti that also uses the small side pouches. They put a 100mm (4") adjustable wrench in one pocket and a Peak Pacific AAA in the other pouch.
The Pacific is not as bright at the L0P for the first 20 minutes but is regulated and keeps it's brightness for over an hour and a half on alkaline and 5 hours regulated on lithium AAA cells. The Pacific uses an underdriven LuxeonIII so is very white to go with it's brightness.
A great combination

CLHC

Flashaholic
Okay, how about the HuntLight in either AA or AAA?

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
bwaites said:
Larry,

Aren't you measuring the L1P and Indiglo mentioned the L0P!

Do you have the L0P measurements?

Bill

That seems to be the case! The website link shows the LOP as being 2.79" in length and .55" in diameter.

Edit: I just measured an LOP using a standard ruler (an old school ruler--1/8" measurements), and the LOP appears to be a tad longer than 2.79", maybe closer to 2.85". It also appears to be a tad bit wider, not sure exactly how much, but I'd guess it's around .6" in diameter (and a tad more, possibly.)

Last edited:

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
bwaites said:
Larry,

Aren't you measuring the L1P and Indiglo mentioned the L0P!

Do you have the L0P measurements?

Bill

Your right Bill! Don't own, haven't seen an L0P yet. Gotta plead temporary detachment between typing finger and sole-surviving braincell! :(

Apologies, Haz!

Larry

Last edited:

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi hawkchucker,

I have the Leatherman Surge in a nylon holster too, and I didn't think of the solution you mention here, :thanks:

Found my chrome Fisher Bullet Space Pen and my ARC AAA 2003 CPF Model and went to work. They both fit perfectly!!! :grin2:

I put a black paracord on the ARC AAA with a pewter skull from Lighthound just to be able to reach it and it looks awsom!!! :grin2:

PA

hawkchucker

Newly Enlightened
PA
thanks that is what I was looking for! I was going to order the ARC AAA and now I am convinced. I also put a lanyard on the solitare, It goes from the top, down the side to the gap in the bottom and through the hole at the very bottom.

THANKS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!