Just picked up something I have been wanting, Lightwave 4000

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up a Lightwave 4000 for the home emergency kit. This is something I have been wanting to do for a while. With its very long runtimes, I considered this a must have to match up with my D Cell Guide Gear lanterns for emergency power and have just been forgetting to get one.

It is not one of the sexiest lights nor the brightest, but I think it will be handier than most when the chips are down, and even for every day use. The battery life will pay for it.

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
My brother-in-law gave me one of those this past Christmas, and I couldn't agree with you more! It won't win any beauty contests, but with 3 D cells, the run-time should be nothing short of phenomenal! Mine hasn't seen much use, but with the hurricane season upon us, I'm definitely glad I have it...

PJD

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I've been using several for the same purpose over the last few years. No frills, but a great long runtime performer. I also gave several to my parents since they are getting older. During the blizzard of 2005 last year here on Cape Cod, My Mom turned one on and left it face down. I noticed it was on about 16 days later. I turned out the lights and it was still plenty usable for getting around. Not too shabby at all!!

ChocolateLab33

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had one of these lights for years now and it is great for when the power goes out (which is a lot by my house, thanks ComEd!) It will run forever. Highly recommended.:twothumbs