Can _not_ remember...UV/forensic stylus?

ks_physicist

Newly Enlightened
After finding one of the cheap Radio Shack Streamlight Stylus flashlights today, I remembered a kit of some sort that I have seen...somewhere.

It had what looked like a black Streamlight Stylus light, with a UV or perhaps a blue or violet LED. The only really unique feature was that there was a piece of filter material--probably a dyed plastic--which was, as I recall, roughly rectangular with rounded corners. A hole was drilled, and a grommet installed, which permitted the Streamlight type light to be inserted in the hole. The intent, obviously, was to enhance any fluorescence activated by the LED.

Of course, now I can't figure out where I saw it, and I have so far been unsuccessful with my google searches. Has anyone else seen this 'kit', and if so, any idea where?

Jim

ks_physicist

Newly Enlightened
I'll have to go look at the page when I have more time, but I'm also looking for a source of optical grade filtering material. Acrylic, glass, or gel. I have some applications (digital infrared photography, spectrophotometer project, etc.) that call for filtering, but it needs to be repeatable with a documented transmittance curve.

Jim