Bulbs for 8AA in a Mag?

JRT

Newly Enlightened
This morning I recieved two sample 4AA holders from
Acme Model Engineering Co.

Model 615, 62cents each.

They fit my 2D Mag.

Had to trim a little plastic off the white one, the black one fell in, no rattle.

So, now I need to find some bulbs, any suggestions?

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
More importantly, is there a link to this supplier?!?!? People are REALLY wanting battery holders that will fit in the mags. My ideal one would be 3 of those 4 batt holders, using NiMH's and a 12v mr16 bulb (20 watt or so, around an hour runtime or more) in a 4D-cell mag, with one of my spacer/mini survival kits in it.

Spud

BTW, that looks almost exactly like the radioshack holder, but the radioshack one doesn't fit. You say the black one is drop-in?

JRT

Newly Enlightened
Acme Model Engineering

Model #615 is the one. I got two samples(I did not think they would fit or I would have asked for more). The white one had to be trimmed, but the black one slid right in. Both were loaded with Energizer Alkalines for the test fit.

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
If you happen to have any rechargables (I will be using nexcells), could you test it with those? I've found that some rechargables are slightly larger diamter.

Anybody want to organize an actual ORDER of these things? Should be able to do it for like $1 each shipped. I don't know if I want to request a sample or not, granted my family is starting a business, but it has NOTHING to do with batts or lights....

Spud

moraino

Enlightened
Originally posted by Tater Rocket:
If you happen to have any rechargables (I will be using nexcells), could you test it with those? I've found that some rechargables are slightly larger diamter.

Anybody want to organize an actual ORDER of these things? Should be able to do it for like $1 each shipped. I don't know if I want to request a sample or not, granted my family is starting a business, but it has NOTHING to do with batts or lights....

Spud
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have lots of those black 4AA holders and lots of NiMh as well. Unfortunately, they won't fit.

What will work are those NiMh with tabs. So I am going to make a pack from 8AA NiMh with tabs without holder. They fit right in.

I think I should be able to use the pack to light up a 6D bulb with slight over driven.

Does anybody know where to get a high drain for this application besides Mag bulb?

Over clockers, any suggestionS? Or I should say, bulbs over DRIVERS....
smile.gif

Thnaks.
Henry

JRT

Newly Enlightened
TaterRocket,the only Nimh I have are RayoVac 1800's, they fit.

The black holder FALLS IN, white one (already had the corners shaved off) has to be pushed in with the ROV's. I think i'll try thinning the plastic sheet separating the cells lengthwise to see if it will fit easier. Using the Dremel (one of my favorites) I should be able to reduce the diameter by the width of the plastic walls, about 1mm.

These are very cheaply made injection molded parts. Don't expect consistant dimensions for .62 each.