Luxeon Driver PCB

georges80

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured some of you might be interested in the following boards I made. Hopefully this isn't some breach of protocol on this list - if so, please ignore this posting.

I have a bunch of PCBs that I've had made that can either drive the Luxeon 1W unit or with some component changes (pin compatible) the 5W unit.

For a 1W white Luxeon with a Vf of 3.1V the driver board operated down to 3.8V before the Luxeon drive current went out of regulation (less than 350mA). The board is 1" square - bolts to the back of a Luxeon Star or Star/O. It can operate up to 30V, the efficiecy is about 72% at 12.8V and 86% at 4.8V (4 AA NiMH). The design is constant current - using a low value sense resistor - schematics are on my web site.

You can check out my web site for more details:
my web page

The PCBs have been made for some fellow 4wd owners to retrofit their dome lights. I did a run of 200 PCBs to get the price down and I have about 100 boards beyond my needs. I call sell (within the US) for $3 each + postage. If anyone is interested check out my website & you can find my email address there. They are blank boards, you can get some of the components (IC's, diodes & inductor) as samples and the rest are mostly jelly bean R's & C's - all surface mount.

If there's enough interest, I could 'bulk' buy the R's & C's and provide those for about $3.

cheers,
george.

Latest posts