What are people doing with their K2s?

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
I got my ten K2s the other day, so i went and built a NG1000 sammie for my finned and knurled minim@g from fivemega. I am not entirely sure what to do with the other nine though. What is everybody else using them in? Any ideas?
marc

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of mine I place on an O-sink in a 2c Mag powered by an 18650. This thing is bright. Now I just have to cut it down and re-thread the body of the light.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I am patiently sitting on a reel of them myself. :popcorn:

I queried a couple Future guys on the phone to find out if the potential .5 V drop after a few hours, after reflow requires the reflow for this drop in potential 3/4 of a watt (all bunk and wasted heat!! :rolleyes: ) These guys understood my question and point; especially if one is not intending mount via re flow. They said they would check with Lumileds and get back to me in a couple days. I told them I wouldn't hold my breath and good thing I didn't. I think the days have become weeks now.

I am thinking about solder mounting a bunch on a coil of copper tube in the overhead of my shower. The tube will feed the shower head its water. I can have good light for shaving in the shower and cut down on the hot water bill with the boost from the K2's! :thumbsup: Put all that glorious heat to use! :grin2:

Macaw

Enlightened
I replaced the crappy tinted emitter in my LEDbeam light and the difference was dramatic. Still a little purple tint but much whiter than the original. A bit brighter too, I think.

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
I am prett impressed with the one i have used so far, its pretty bright and fairly white too. But i like Dons idea about the shower, i was thinking of using some of mine to replace the glow plugs on my diesel van!
marc

Macaw

Enlightened
I just replaced the emitter on a Diamond Maglight bulb replacement base. like the LEDbeam, the tint wasn't to my liking. Now I have a slightly purple tint instead of the heavier violet tint of the original. Unlike the replacement of the LED on the Ledbeam, the output enhancement was neglegible in the diamond module. Only the tint was a little better in the Diamond's case. I suspect the Diamond module is higher resistored to enhance runtime.