ebay bans google payments

cy

Flashaholic
ebay bans google payments

""eBay has added Google Checkout to the list of payment options banned on eBay. A recent update to the Accepted Payments Policy includes Google Checkout (click on 'Show' next to 'Some Examples' to reveal the list). More comments on this action can be found at the eBay Strategies Blog."

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/06/07/06/232209.shtml

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
...ahhh...the gloves are coming off. This will be fun, and I'm rooting for Google because establishing a viable competitor will be good for all (except maybe paypal...)

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strikes me as anti-competitive and above all, RUDE!!!

eBay thinks they have the power to be able to shut out the competition... and indeed they might. Personally, this is the straw that will have me add eBay to the same list as Fry's. (ie. Rather pay 20% more somewhere else.)

carrot

Flashaholic
They must be afraid of the competition. Shows you Google must be doing something right with "Google Payments"... and Google Base.

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
eBay has made a bad decision if they keep up with this. Google will eventually take a lot of the market. People trust Google more than they trust Paypal. It is just the name alone that will do that. I expect eBay to sooner or later allow it...wouldnt you think?

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I looked at the page and saw nothing specific to Google. The page (http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html ) was last updated 07/07/06 15:26:49, so it appears there's been a change since the first post.

I don't see E-bay as being any worse than anit other company. I've had some good experiences with them. Personally, any-one who thinks businesses shoud "play fair" probably has not run a sucessful business. Please note I said "probably". There are ways to play fair and do OK.

Daniel

cy

Flashaholic
you need to click on some examples to get this:

"Some Examples

Payment Services permitted on eBay: Allpay.net, Bidpay, Canadian Tire Money, cash2india, CertaPay, Checkfree.com, hyperwallet,com, Moneybookers.com, Ozpay.biz, Paymate.com.au, Propay.com, XOOM

Payment Services not permitted on eBay: AlertPay.com, anypay.com, AuctionChex.com, AuctionPix.com, BillPay.ie, ecount.com, cardserviceinternational.com, CCAvenue, ecount, e-gold, eHotPay.com, ePassporte.com, EuroGiro, FastCash.com, Google Checkout, gcash, GearPay, Goldmoney.com, graphcard.com, greenzap.com, ikobo.com, Liberty Dollars, Moneygram.com, neteller.com, Netpay.com, Nochex.com, paychest.com, payingfast.com, Payko.com, paypay, Postepay, Qchex.com, rupay.com, scripophily.com, sendmoneyorder.com, stamps, Stormpay, wmtransfer.com, xcoin.com"

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/accepted-payments-policy.html