Siamese LGI -- 1009 Lux -- Pics

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Inspired by Wayne's pager light and Zorch, this mod starts life as a 3AA battery pack complete with On/Off switch from www.mouser.com around which I formed a metal heatsink case from 1/16th" aluminum.

For beamshots I put it up against a "regular production" LGI and an Arc-LSx123 as a baseline. It easily outshined them both while being smaller than a pack of cards. And on the light meter it put out an astounding 1009 lux, brighter than any LGI ever made:

fd213c09.jpg

The case gets pretty hot in just a few minutes and is best used intermittently. And as for a name, just call it -- the Siamese LGI.

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
I know that black ABSORBS more heat, wondering if painting the outside of the case black would dissipate additional heat? If so, this thing might be almost usable.

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Charlie,

KILLER MOD!!!!

Maybe adding some ridges to the case may give it more surface area and dissapate heat better?

Aloha

Brian

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Eh thanks, guys. And BigH, next time you're over you can see it (and get burnt by it) in person! (mebbe when Lance calls -- that's if he ever gets them...sheesh)