RIP Ken Lay, dies of a heart attack in Aspen, CO.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to live in Aspen, back in the 90's, and everybody there knows about unexpected heart attacks among visitors. It happens on the slopes, on the street, and in homes. Remember Sonny Bono? I'm sure Kenny Boy was enjoying his last free days as best as possible, and his poor heart couldn't take it.

Let that be a warning to everyone!

dizzy

Flashlight Enthusiast
What heart? I feel more sad about all the people who lost their retirement accounts, and jobs, etc., because of his and others greed. Karma, as Earl would put it.
vio (17).gif

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm..figures Bush would think this.

"Associated Press
Bush Says Lay Was 'A Good Guy'
07.06.2006, 09:32 PM

President Bush said Thursday he hopes Enron Corp. founder Kenneth Lay's "heart was right with the Lord" when he died before he could be sentenced on fraud and conspiracy charges.

Bush called Lay, who was a friend of the Bush family and a large donor to the president's campaign, "a good guy." He said he was shocked to hear both about the Enron scandal and Lay's death this week from a heart attack at age 64.

"I was really surprised," Bush said on CNN's "Larry King Live." "You know, my hope is that his heart was right with the Lord and I feel real sorry for his wife. She's had a rough go and she's now here on earth to bear the burdens of losing her husband, a man she loved."

The president said he planned to write Linda Lay a letter expressing his condolences.

Lay faced life in prison after his convictions May 25 that ended a blockbuster trial stemming from one of the biggest business debacles in U.S. history.

Bush had nicknamed Lay "Kenny Boy" but pointed out they weren't always allied. He said Lay supported his opponent in his first Texas gubernatorial race, Democrat Ann Richards. When host King pointed out that Richards had told him earlier that she liked Lay, Bush responded, "Yes, he's a good guy."

"One of the things I respected him for was he was such a contributor to Houston's civil society," Bush said. "He was a generous person. I'm disappointed that he betrayed the trust of shareholders."

First lady Laura Bush, who joined her husband for the interview on his 60th birthday, said she didn't know Lay well. But she said she was acquainted with him and knew his wife and was sorry for her. "

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe Congressman Bono sufferred mortal injuries resulting from impact with a stationary object; specifically a tree. I don't recall any mention of him experiencing a M.I.

greenlight said:
I used to live in Aspen, back in the 90's, and everybody there knows about unexpected heart attacks among visitors. It happens on the slopes, on the street, and in homes. Remember Sonny Bono? I'm sure Kenny Boy was enjoying his last free days as best as possible, and his poor heart couldn't take it.

Let that be a warning to everyone!

guncollector

Enlightened
[Moderator: I'm going to let this thread stay open for now. Ken Lay, "good guy" or "corporate-malfeasance-posterboy", deserves at the very least some dignity in death. If this turns into a dancing-on-Lay's-grave thread, it will be shut down immediately--we should all be above that.

Note: I'm no Enron/Ken Lay apologist. I live in California, and paid the exhorbitant energy prices as a result of Enron's wrongdoings with Lay at the helm.

Carry on...]

yellow1

Newly Enlightened
sonny bono died in south lake tahoe. @ the heavenly ski resort (base 6450 - summit 10,040 ft)... in the trees off the orion run (which is a pretty fun and long zoomer). for people who haven't been to colorado, 10,000 feet is where the ski area starts :p

btw, robert kennedy is the only notable celebrity that comes to mind who died on a colorado mountain. a week before sonny, he was playing ski football, and ran in to... a tree :awman:

Last edited: