Problem with SF clicky

davidra

Enlightened
Just got a new SF M1 IR illuminator; comes with the standard clickie. However, this one just doesn't work right, right out of the package. Occasionally will click several times in a row, then won't click at all unless I move my thumb around and find a place it will click. I've not seen this on any of my other SF's. I bought it on Ebay, sealed in plastic with O rings, lanyard, and got a great deal. This was clearly sealed and never used, looks like it was military issue. Should I return the clickie? Will they take it?

NAW

Enlightened
I never knew the M1 comes with a clickie. According to surefire website its supposed to come with a twisty tailcap.

Anyway its been pretty well known that Surefire clickie tailcaps break and have some serious issues. I had to give up my U2 because I went to through 5 tailcaps and I wasn't happy. Email them that youre clikie tailcap broke. They should give you another one...

davidra

Enlightened
The user sheets are interesting. They were revised in 2004. The instructions describe using a clickie, but there is a picture on the facing page showing the twisty with "witness" marks and showing how to turn the twisty so it stays on.