Acebeam        

Thread: How to silence your neighbour

Unenlightened

Wink2 How to silence your neighbour

Hi everyone, first post on CPF and everything. After lurking here for a while I bought a Fenix L2P, which is a very nice light.

Last night it got used in a new way: My neighbour thought it was a good idea to start practicing on an electric guitar at 1am in the morning with windows open wide (a very hot night). So.. what to do? Simple! I grabbed the L2P and pointed the beam at his window - and the playing stopped! I guess that was a good enough hint that someone was disturbed

Now I'm going to order a incandescent light, most likely a SF G2 or 6P.. And I'm still looking for a good EDC-light...

/ Magnus

Enlightened

Default Re: How to silence your neighbour

Maybe he thought it was the cops! The G2 is a great light. I recommend it. As far as EDC is concerned, I recommend getting a good keychain light in addition to whatever else you may purchase. I have a Photon X-Light Micro that works very well. It's bright, small, lightweight, cheap, and has a wide range of brightness levels.

Good thing it wasn't a green laser...........

Noisy neighbors, a good reason to keep a 15 mcp Thor around the house.

Nice job although I would use caution the next time it happens. The best thing to do IMHO is to simply talk to your neighber only once about the situation. Ask him to show a little more respect to you and the neighborhood and that type of behavior is simply not acceptable. More than likely that won't have any effect on him, he was playing his guitar at 1am afterall, call the Police.

I'm pretty sure that flashing lights into your neighbors windows at night could get you into trouble so do the right thing and call them first for the obvious noise disturbance. Hopefully they can persuade him to be a little more respectful.

introduce him to wonderful technology of headphones. Alot of amps supply the jack.

A G2 with a P61 lamp oughta do the trick....that and a heavy knock or two on the door.

Unenlightened

Yes, I suspect the trick is only effective once.
    However, it's not the only reason for buying more flashlights

A photon keychain light is a very likely (and cheap) candidate for a EDC, also some of the smaller Fenix lights. We'll see...

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Illum_the_nation
    A G2 with a P61 lamp oughta do the trick....that and a heavy knock or two on the door.

I have to agree with this one. I've done it myself with great results... This happened a couple years ago. One weeknight, around 11:00 pm, some inconsiderate jerk thought it would be ok to honk his horn in the middle of my street. I think he was there to pick up a friend, but the friend must of been running late or something. So the driver would honk his horn every couple minutes to nag his friend out of the house, and this went on for at least 10 minutes. Finally, I had enough. I turned off the lights in my apartment, so not to be seen, and pointed my G2 w/P61 out my window at the offending car. The car was 50 ft away and looked like it got lit up by a spotlight, even with all the ambient sodium vapor streetlights polluting the area.

I'll never forget the reaction. The drivers head whips around to see the light source. His eyes looked like a racoon's glowing eyes caught in a spotlight. "Haha, I scorched your retinas! Take that, ***wipe," I thought to myself.
    The noise did stop, and it never happend again.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by lightcacher
    I have used my Thor to quiet the neighbors on two occasions. They really reach out and touch people. Somehow loud late-night activities just aren't as fun when the "sun suddenly comes up".

It doesn't get used too often, but it is easily more than $30 worth of illumination.

Quote Originally Posted by lightcacher
    or a USL
    LED's impress but Incans satisfy