clip design suggestion for next ARC

Status
Not open for further replies.

liqht

Newly Enlightened
hi peter,

some people like to use a clip (like on the current HDS EDC) that makes the lens face upward when carried in a pocket. i actually don't like that, since it seems the lens would be better protected if it were carried downward inside the pocket. but i guess some people prefer that clip orientation because it allows them to clip the light to the brim of a cap with the lens facing outward.

so i was thinking there must be a way to have a single clip that satisfies both preferences, and this is what i came up with:

versaclip3dx.gif

as you can see, the mounting points for the clip are at the halfway point of the body. because the mounting points are equidistant from either end, one can orient the clip in the direction of one's preference.

i wanted to share this idea with you since i know you are working on the design of the next ARC, and it might be something you would consider.

icecube

Newly Enlightened
I had the idea of a depressed area along the Arc body, allowing the clip to stay on and not slide off.

Like this:

Edit: it ain't workin' right, but a depressed area to keep the clip in place. A screw is another idea, however 1) the aluminum body and 2) it would need a very tiny, easily stripped screw to keep it place negates it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.