My new Energizer ArcWhite\LS Red mod.

flash....

Enlightened
My new Energizer ArcWhite\\LS Red mod.

Well, I saw the this Energizer ArcWhite in sears for $17 bucks and it looked pretty cool. It also appeared to be able to fit an LS nicely at first glance. After some interesting internal dremel work, a 3.9Ohm 3Watt resistor, and a perfect fit internal heat sink, I am now the proud owner of one seriously bright Red monster(pulling 480Ma with 1600ah MiMH). It does get fairly warm after 10 min or so.

The Red is so intense that my camera was totaly over saturated and displayed more of an orange-ish yellow color, but never fear, it is blood red.
At 30 feet if you stare into the beam directly it looks like you're staring into a giant laser pointer and is very uncomfortable.

It also has this really bright small cold cathode fluorescent tube that creates a nice overall area light that achieves full brightness in about 30 seconds, it's nice to work by.
I'm happy with it.
grin.gif

1-2-5.jpg

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Re: My new Energizer ArcWhite\\LS Red mod.

Very cool idea -- I have one (Arc White) but was going to give it to a younger relative since I bought it just for the novelty and never used it. But now mebbe with a dimmer white LS and gigantic heatsink...