Has there ever been a time when...

Orbit

Enlightened
Has there ever been a time when you were asked to do something, given the tools to do it and thought, "na this is crap there has to be an easier way"?

Well today was one of those days.
I was charged with dusting duties
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
given a damp cloth and a bucket of warm water.... did one shelf....looked at the rest of the house and thought "this is rubbish".

Then I had a brain wave~~~~!
What if you could blow all the dust away? Surely that would be faster!
So out came the compressor, with free flow nossel in hand, I did another shelf(<1sec!) problem...dust went everywhere (not on the shelf though
wink.gif
)and i immediatley saw it would just resettle somewhere else....bugga... no problem i'll "vent the house" grabbed some area fans and set up a circulation, opened all the windows and doors (thought brilliant!! this will work a treat). I then proceeded to dust the house, compressor in tow, and i tell ya what, boy did i do a good job! (only took less then 20min)

AND i thought i was doing an awesome job, not only was i dusting, but i refreshed the air in the WHOLE house!

Unfortunatley i was advised if i did it again my testicles wouldn't be attached for very long
lipsrsealed.gif
lipsrsealed.gif

I guess some people just don't appreciate true genuis!

ORB.

dragoman

Enlightened
Reminds me of the time I was cleaning my fireplace and decided to use the shopvac.....only I forgot to run a hose from the discharge to the outside.....

D'oh!

dragoman

drizzle

Enlightened
Now if you really want to have a better way to dust than the damp cloth go with a high quality feather duster. There is a lot of crap out there that doesn't do the job well but if you can find a good one it saves time and effort and does a good job.

Orbit

Enlightened
Well, i've since gone and gotten an host "enjo" cloths which will make my further path to domestication less "bumpy" lol. they work really well, charge up the static (happen to have a vandergraff generator lying around in the shed) and go nuts. Works really well, even if you just charge it up on the TV.

computer was fine...earthed and off. just enough air to dislodge the dust, and blow it away.

I must confess it wasn't our "house" per sey, it was a lil shack that is used from time to time, and the dust had built up to a point where you needed a shovel, so extreme measures were needed to "flush" out the house. (it was a better option then the fire hose)