The most addicting game on the face of the planet!!!

SuperBert

Enlightened
Ok, I am a true gamer...

I play in CAL open for Counter Strike: Source, an online league for the greatest first person shooter around (IMO)... Anyways, I came across this stupid, but rediculously addicting game somehow:

http://www.addictinggames.com/helicopter.html

Give it a try!

I find it to be something fun to do when I am really bored... and I always want to beat my last score... How can something so simple be so cool?!?

My highest score so far is only 1292...

-Brett

Last edited:

cyberhobo

Enlightened
Cool link, but RTCW is the most addictive game. Too bad there is no roll switching though...:naughty:

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
That chopper game always comes up every now and again. It is addicting. I also used to play CS a little bit. At the time I played CoD, DoD and RTCW:ET. Now it's just DoD:S and AA.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only game I ever enjoyed or got hooked on was Asteroids, the original arcade version. I was insane over it, I even saw it in my sleep at night. My wife said I would flick my fingers on her back like the firing and moving buttons. I had the top 10 on every single machine in town, I knew exactly how to end the game just where it would roll over to start at 0. And I played straight, no just flying up and down waiting for martians, I started a new screen. And I NEVER not one time used hyperspace, I had a pattened spin move that got me out of more tight jams, lol.

Boy I wish I had the quarters I used in that game before I got to where I culd play all night on just one...

Asteroids Deluxe was ok, but not the original...

idleprocess

Flashaholic
1291 on the helicoptor game. The collision detection sucks - looks like they use the stupid, lazy "box" style of detection.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
MayCooper said:
Tetris....

Gotta second that vote. I made the mistake of loading that onto my Mac when I was in college. I played it so constantly that when I picked up my coursebooks my head was trying to swing the paragraphs around for best fit. I couldn't think straight, and I sure wasn't paying any attention to the words on the page. That really pissed me off and I had to just delete the game so I could get my head back.

FrogsInWinter

Enlightened
I think a few people mentioned tetris:

http://www.tetris1d.org/

Getting the top score is a matter of patience.
biggrin.gif

Alin10123

Flashlight Enthusiast
SuperBert said:
Ok, I am a true gamer...

I play in CAL open for Counter Strike: Source, an online league for the greatest first person shooter around (IMO)... Anyways, I came across this stupid, but rediculously addicting game somehow:

http://www.addictinggames.com/helicopter.html

Give it a try!

I find it to be something fun to do when I am really bored... and I always want to beat my last score... How can something so simple be so cool?!?

My highest score so far is only 1292...

-Brett

1519 on the first try (shrugs)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I'd probably have to cast my vote for Astro Blaster; a coin-op arcade video game made by Gremlin/Sega in 1981.

The Atari coin-op arcade video game Tempest (1980) is also quite addictive.

The only pee-cee game I have played with any regularity at all is Wolfenstein 3D.