Dorm Room low voltage lighting

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Check out what I did today:

SANY0018.JPG

Yep, that is under my loft.

SANY0019.JPG

Sorry about the grainyness on this one, didn't care to retake the pic and discovered the grainyness after I gave the guy his camera back. Yep, my lighting is a red/orange high dome luxeon
smile.gif
That is because my white is in my rayovac mod, and I don't have any other (current) use for the red/orange. Yes, that big plate is a large hunk of 1/4" thick or so aluminum. Took FOREVER to cut with a hacksaw! (the jigsaw blade wasn't cutting it, it just jumped around). I still have a 2X4 foot or so hunk of that aluminum. Smooth on one side, has a texture on the other.

Spud

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't you just love firing these up in a room? No real practical purpose, but the colored ones look really cool. I'll put a red/orange on one night, then a green or an amber or whatever.
cool.gif

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
I KNOW I'd have enough heat sink if I were to put the full aluminum plate under my bed
smile.gif
That stuff would make awesome heat sink....if I had a way to cut it. I am not driving this luxeon real hard, right now it is off of 2 nimh AA's, a bit brighter if I use alkalines. I can also use 3 rechargables and I get around .4 or .45 amps current draw. I am going to estimate maybe .1 amp with nimh AA's? I will most likely end up putting my 4 cell holder up there with 3 nimh's since I have a large enough heat sink...

Spud