• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *SOLD* Blueish-Purple Mag 2C ROP LE

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD to Bogus1 thanks for looking

Hi all!

I am selling this light to gather funds for another custom light.

This is a Mag-Lite 2C ROP (Roar of the Pelican) LE (Lithium-Ion Edition) This one has the hard to find blueish purple finish, sometimes looks blue, sometimes looks purple depending on light conditions. It is basically brand new with no dings, scratches or marks just pulled out of the package to do the mod and put back into the original package (Included)

Features:

- 2 x 18650 protected Lithium Ion batteries with about 3 cycles on them has Overcharge/Overdischarge protection circuit for peace of mind.
- Progolded contacts for maximum brightness.
- Borofloat lens to handle the heat of the ROP bulbs.
- 1 ROP low bulb (Works fine with the protected li-ion cells)
- 1 ROP high bulb (Need unprotected li-ion cells to work)
- 1 Frosted Mag Xenonstar 5 cell bulb (Almost as bright as the ROP low with more runtime)
- Litho123's aluminum metal LOP reflector with the small opening for maximum compromise between throw and beam quality.
- Spare Stock smooth reflector.
- 7 focusing shims to adjust focus with the ROP bulbs (Not needed for the Xenonstar bulb).

Asking $65 shipped priority with delivery confirmation to continental USA, insurance is optional for an extra $1.50, Not resposible for lost or stolen items once delivered to the post office it becomes your property.

First "I'll take it" gets it, PM me for questions.

Thanks for looking.

AlexGT

Last edited:

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Blueish-Purple Mag 2C ROP LE

Ooooo nice. Great price and you dont have to order parts from all over hell's acre.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it if AD doesn't. thanks

Dawg

Enlightened

Man, thats a bargain. I made one with the Blue/Purple host and a Fivemega reflector and UCL. I run mine off of 3 123's

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Adriondackdestroyer, PM replied, If my understanding of the "if" is correct you don't want it right? Let me know. If not interested it would be sold to Bogus1, let me know please.

AlexGT

Mirage_Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

Just out of curiosity why is there an o-ring between the tailcap and the body? How is the electrical contact made between the two with it there?

MM

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok guys here are the pics of the tailcap, I made 3 cavities in the center of the tailcap to hold a small blob of solder, this provides a contact for the negative terminal of the 18650 and it does its job very good unless you are really trying to pry it out, I also removed the anodizing on the threads of both the tailcap and the body of the light, this completes the circuit.

The oring between the tailcap and body is there to provide waterproofness and a visual stop for tightening of the tailcap since the protected 18650's are a bit longer than the unprotected ones, it leaves about 1/16" or 2 mm gap. with unprotected 18650 it screws all the way in. It is not recomended with protected 18650's to forcefully try to close the gap or the protection circuit in the cells may be crushed, stop where the oring seals the gap.

Hope this helps, the people who showed interest in this light can confirm or backout of the deal.

Thanks!
AlexGT

Tycoon

Newly Enlightened

If the above guys back out, i'll take it.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi AlexGT,

I figured that's what you did since I have another 2C that can only fit unprotected cells even with the spring recessed. That works for me. Thanks

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi all, thank you for the interest in the light, the list goes like this

1.- Adriondakdestroyer
2.- Bogus1
3.- Tycoon

I'm going to keep the offer to #1 until monday 12 pm central, then the offer goes to #2 until 11pm central, then offer goes to #3 and so on.

Thanks!
AlexGT

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

PP recieved!, item will ship today, PM with tracking details and pic of receipt later in the day.

Thanks
AlexGT

Galiphrey

Enlightened
That's a crazy color, aint it? I saw one in The Home Depot that looked as purple as could be under the store lighting. Then outside in the sun, it was being blue with a real sense of conviction. I thought I'd somehow grabbed the wrong one until I saw it in various lights and compared to an actual blue mag. Very strange. I like it.