Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it's silly, but I love these movies! Just saw this one last night, and I really enjoyed it. The ride in the Magic Kingdom in Orlando has always been my favorite, too.

Any other Pirates out there?

:touche:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got home from "Dead Man's Chest". The matinee was cheaper for three than two attending an evening movie. Lotsa slimey, gross, gooey, LOUD, action and fun.

carrot

Flashaholic
The fight scenes were pretty neat! All in all, enjoyable, but the ending had me feeling... meh.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Did anyone sit all the way through the credits to see what was at the surprise at the end? I did!

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I'm not telling - it was no big deal but worth a laugh! I'm sure you can find out with a little search on the ole' WWW - I hate to spoil anything, but really it was just a nice chuckle!

I'm sure you've read that Keith Richards (Rolling Stones) will play a cameo role in the next one as Capt Jack Sparrow's father? Mr. Depp said he adapted Keith's body language & mannerisms for his character...indeed recognized in his performance.

Again, worth watching on the big screen with theater sound! I'll buy it when it comes out on DVD as well. (I like my surround sound system at home as well!)

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
SWMBO and I saw it today and we both liked it. What is this....a new trend to save something extra for after the credits ? They did the same for the newest X-Men......it's a real PITA to wait. :grin2:

Cliff

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my understanding when they filmed Dead Man's Chest, they also filmed the 3rd Pirates installment back to back.

jtice

Flashaholic
I saw it just the other day, liked it alot, etter than the first.
But then, I like just about anything Jonny is in.

~John

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ending was kind of a bummer. Definitely set up to get your bucks for part three. Nice special effects. The seamonster curling up it's arms and grabbing the people looked pretty realistic to me.

jarobi

Enlightened
Both movies were very entertaining. Johnny Depp, IMO, has never been in a movie with a bad script. Might be some weirdness, but well written. Benny & Joon/What's Eating Gilbert Grape/Edward Scissorhands et al.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is sooooo good to read that you all are liking it! It got ruined by the reviewers that I've heard. I liked the first a lot and am eager to see this one, though I probably won't see it until it's out on video (just saw Batman Begins last night for 1st time). It's just a phase shift. Hehe.

My 3 boys are in my view still too young for the first. My middle guy (4) was dressing up as Jack Sparrow today, and since it's being marketed so heavily he knows all about it. That puts me in a tough spot.

I picked up the treasure map & tatoos at my local Volvo dealer, so I brought some of the marketing home myself.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Binky, I certainly wouldn't let a four year old see it. Although it stops just short of what I would consider gore, it's made pretty clear what is going on.

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy said:
Binky, I certainly wouldn't let a four year old see it. Although it stops just short of what I would consider gore, it's made pretty clear what is going on.
Cool. Thanks. Sounds much like the first one. Fun movies for the teens & adults but not something for the little kiddies.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
I should be seeing it tommorow. I will try to get my friends to stay after the credits to see what happens.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
While I really enjoyed the first pirate movie, I felt the second one was over Disneyised. But thats just me... My 8 year old, on the other hand, Could not peel his eyes off the screen. He LOVES the first one, anong with National Treasure, and Goonies. I have to agree though, the fight scenes were pretty cool.
Jeff

LEDMaster2003

Newly Enlightened
Just saw it today. Pretty good and funny. I did stay 'till the end of the credits and saw the ||| || ||| |||||'| ||| ||||||.

Yeah some of the creatures were pretty spooky, including Davey Jones and the Krakken.