Anyone have any vauge idea of how many lumens the Inova Radiant AA puts out?

Jasmes

Enlightened
I can't seem to find any ball-park figures on it, and Inova hasn't given it their rating yet, not that their ratings seem to be remote accurate from what I hear. :lolsign:

Jasmes

Enlightened
I already looked there, but I don't see any quantitative brightness indication on that page. :confused:

Am I missing something? :confused:

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few weeks ago was a Lumentest at CPF, arranged by two CPF-members.

If I remember right, the result was nearly the same like the overall output description at FLR. So in your case about 14 Lumen.

But Lumen is not all. There are many other factors to make a usefull light.
When you will compare different lights together, the datas at FLR are usefull.

Best regards

____
Tom

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jasmes said:
I can't seem to find any ball-park figures on it, and Inova hasn't given it their rating yet, not that their ratings seem to be remote accurate from what I hear. :lolsign:

If I recall correctly, Quickbeam says to multiply his Overall Output number by 1.43 to get an approximate idea of the value expressed in lumens. So it would be about 20 lumens (14 x 1.43 = 20.02). This number could be off by a fair amount in either direction.

One thing to bear in mind is that the light he tested was focused improperly at the factory. That problem seems to have been corrected. Both the throw and the overall output numbers could vary from those published. See the last paragraph in the review.

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think this is the first thread I have seen on the Radient Inova lights. I like it and far more useable than the first version of the Inova X1 with that weird optic lens where if you used it to walk trails at night you'd be tripping over stumps. Yeah you could pinpoint that narrowly focused beam on an ant hill in great detail, but at night you'd have a hard time finding it first if the X1 was your light to navigate with. I think the only way that light would have been useful is if you were a surgeon and during surgery a power outage occured and the backup generators failed so an Inova X1 was the backup to the backup, and used in pitch black situation. Even then you;d still need more flood than the X1 puts out.

Strange I have never seen raves or even second hand comments on the radient series. Strange....

Last edited:

EricTarini

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Beacon of Light,

I've previously posted my recommendation of the Inova Radiant 2AA (that is, the newer ones that don't have the "ring" when looking straight into the reflector). I think it's easily the best (or maybe the only) Luxeon 1W for $19.95 (and no shipping, of course), and it's available wherever there's a Target. I don't understand why it doesn't appear on Inova's website, nor on Target's website, which may help explain its low profile.

I've bought several and they all have good tint and good beam shape. With all the complaints about reverse clickies, you'd think that a push-momentary, push-to-click-on would draw more interest. No "exotic" battery. Maybe people are put off by the initial Quickbeam review that identified the manufacturing flaw in the early runs.

Or maybe most people prefer metal flashlights (and then complain when the anodizing chips). I have plenty of metal flashlights, but I also like the plastic body ones, like my UK 4AA eLED, Streamlight 4AA Lux and SL 7LED 4AA, and especially the Inova Radiant 2AA with L91's that I keep in the car in winter. To me, they have a better feel in the hand, too.

Go figure.

Eric Tarini

Jasmes

Enlightened
Beacon of Light said:
I think this is the first thread I have seen on the Radient Inova lights. I like it and far more useable than the first version of the Inova X1 with that weird optic lens where if you used it to walk trails at night you'd be tripping over stumps. Yeah you could pinpoint that narrowly focused beam on an ant hill in great detail, but at night you'd have a hard time finding it first if the X1 was your light to navigate with. I think the only way that light would have been useful is if you were a surgeon and during surgery a power outage occured and the backup generators failed so an Inova X1 was the backup to the backup, and used in pitch black situation. Even then you;d still need more flood than the X1 puts out.

Strange I have never seen raves or even second hand comments on the radient series. Strange....

I like my Radiant AA, the shape makes it very comfy to hold, and the beam is nice for walks because of the generous side-spill around the spot. I don't know if I would rave about it, but I wouldn't hesitate to give it to someone who enjoys walking.

I for one bought an X1 w/ the optics strictly as a novelty light. I take it out on foggy nights and make people say "Oooo!" with the beam's tight definition.

RebelXTNC

Enlightened
I bought a 2AAA Radiant for my mom a couple of weeks ago but I didn't have it in hand again to compare with anything until last night. It's nearly identical to my reflector X1. They are nearly indistinguishable except the X1 has one ring around the outer spill. The Radiant is totally clean and they throw the same size beam.
The switch is very easy to operate, which is good for her but could be a problem in carrying. So far it hasn't come on laying flat in a side pocket of her large bag.

Latest posts