Texans... just gotta LOVE them Astros!

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, I was just starting to get my blood pressure down too, and here I go. This team sucks. I really like them, but they are so bad now. Lidge...*shudder* Bullpen *vomit*

Lastnight was even worse. Top 9th, 2 outs, up by 2 runs, no one on base...and we lost. That is incredible!

And it definately is not just him/them(bullpen)(just mostly them). Its offense without a doubt. Wilson swinging for the fences in that situation you talked about. For once, would these guys be a team player and choke up on the bat?! It works, I swear! Cardinals took out Duncan and put in Miles cause he would do just that! And lookie lookie, it worked! They got the win cause he just had to make some contact.

He got us far, but I think Phil is making some horrible decisions in games. He has a dog house and has put Taveras and Borkowski in it. You ask him why he wont play these guys more often and he argues that its not a reporters job to ask questions. I couldnt care less about Taveras either in this example. But for Christ sakes, every time Borkowski comes in to relieve, he gets three up three down. He is incredible right now, no matter what his career stats say...Even though his current career stats are better than Lidge's Season stats...

I have a good feeling Purpera and Drayton will just fiddle their thumbs again during the break/soon-thereafter. We have Lamb who could stay at third, Berkman at first, but that leaves Lane in...No. I cant let that happen. I am all for slumps. I know they occur, and players come out of them, but crap. Ensberg is BAD. BAD BAD. Something like a .167 for June and July? Horrible! He creates such a hole in the line up. Dang I hope they can take advantage of the break and play decent baseball late this week when we get started again.

This has been the only team I ever rooted for in any sport, and its driving me nuts that I cant get off it. Other forums call me a bandwagon fan for wanting to give up, but I have to remind them that I dont give up. I will still be there, bickering about every loss, like it or not.

-C, never thought I would get to talk about my home team on CPF.

Last edited:

Virgo

Newly Enlightened
You can almost always make a quick buck betting on the over/under when Roger pitches. He'll do great, and they'll give him absolutely no run support.:rant:

That being said, they're not too terribly far off of last year's pace, but they better pick it up quick. I'm not giving up on him yet, but what's wrong with Lidge?

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
You think that's annoying? The Sox (Red) lost yesterday in the bottom of the 19th after 6 hours and 19 minutes. The heart the order went 2-32. Arggh.