Gladius Light ?????

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
Any opinions on the Gladius Tacticle light ????????

Thehappyman

Last edited:

xpitxbullx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Gladus Light ?????

Fantastic LED light with multi-level and superb throw! Go get one.

Jeff

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Gladus Light ?????

Short version, it's the closest light to my idea of the perfect do-it-all light I've seen.

What I like, in no particular order:

-Good balance between spot and spill
-Good throw
-Excellent range from dim to bright
-Strobe
-Excellent regulation and battery life
-Excellent user interface - I like being able to change from mode 1 to 2 or 3, and I like being able to customize how mode 1 behaves

What I think is less than optimal:
-Wish it were the size of my 6Z, which I consider the perfect physical platform
-Wish the lockout (which I almost never use) didn't require the button to be depressed to disengage

What I don't find to be a problem:
-The battery change procedure: if you can't do this backwards, upside down, in the dark and under pressure, you need to find activities that don't involve darkness -- seriously
-The user interface: seemed potentially complex at first, but the comment above applies to this as well
- The tailcap on my light (black HA s/n 19xxx) had a slight rattle when new which has, for some reason, disappeared

My previous candidate for "one light only" was the A2, but the greater brightness range, longer battery life and the strobe have made it #2. I still wish the size of the Gladius were more like the A2, but the Gladius was designed for guys who wear gloves as part of their job description - I don't...not sure the physical size of the A2 would work so well under those circumstances.